El Limbo on the Sea Hotel
Swan's Cay Hotel(Bocas Town)
$136
  • Breakfast included
Hotelito Del Mar(Bocas Town)(Great Value!)
$58
Hotel Olas(Bocas Town)
$59
$49
  • Restaurant
$137
$133
Hotels.com
Posada Isla Chica(Bocas Town)(Great Value!)
$34
Gran Hotel Bahia(Bocas Town)
$90
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Bocas del Toro(Bocas Town)
$131
$117
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Palma Royale(Bocas Town)
$105
Koko Resort(Isla Colon)(Great Value!)
$107
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We spent 1 week in el limbo and greatly enjoyed our stay.

There was ample choice of breakfast options all of which were tasty and filling. No problems getting another juice or coffee if you felt like it as they were offered by the staff. I usually dont drink juice when i am not sure of the ice but we were assured it was fine and had no problems.
The rooms on the street side are spacious, we had cable tv ( good for the one rainy day), 2 beds, good air con and a sizeable safe. Rooms were clean and secure.
If you are a light sleeper you may prefer an ocean view room but otherwise the street side rooms are fine.
The hotel is about 50 metres from the dock for boats to red frog beach, isla bastimentos, dolphin bay and zapatilla. There is also a good calue restaurant optn directly across the street at Bocas Bambu ( if you are watching your budget, the daily specials board offerings are between 7 and 9 dollars and we found them to be excellent).

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We spent 2 days in this hotel. We arrived directly with a ship, it was a fantastic arrival method. :)
The rooms are ok, they are quite big and clean. The staff in the bar is very nice, they were always laughing. You can eat dinner also in the restaurant, they give big portions and the food looks like good.
As a breakfast you can choose from several types of omlets with bread and a little fruit salat. Also a hot drink and an orange juice belongs to the breakfast.
There is a free WiFi in the hotel.

The hotel is located in the city center. You can reach the airport of Bocas del Toro within 5 minutes on foot.

I recommend to evrybody this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hungariangirl22
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I ate here twice while in Bocas town. Once for lunch on a Sunday afternoon which was great as not many restaurants are open. The restaurant has a beautiful water view and the music was good (erykah badu). I ordered a Pina Colada which took a while to come and also chicken breast wrapped in bacon with fetticine and tomato sauce. It also had vegetables included. The service was slow but food was very tasty.

The same night I went to the restaurant for dinner the service was super slow. I ordered a Pina Colada, fried squid for the appetizer and lobster in a coconut curry sauce. It took forever for the food to come out. I finished my drink before the appetizer was even brought out. It took another 30-40 minutes for my main dish. The squid was too chewy. I believe it was overcooked. The lobster was pretty bland. Overall this place is okay but not a top choice and don't arrive hungry.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 12, 2013

location and optic of the El Limbo Hotel is nice, but our food was not so good.
Catch of the day was a tasteless piece of fish including fishbones.

this was, overall, a disappointing dinner with my wife.
OK, it was not expensive, but I guess there are better options.
cheers

(PS: I cant rate the hotel, this rating concerns only the resto)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We really enjoyed our Xmas dinner at the restaurant at the Hotel Limbo by the Sea even though the starter, supposedly ceviche, was just prawns with a touch of chopped onion and some sauce. The main course, Mahi Mahi with a wonderful sauce and tasty vegetables and coconut rice, was excellent as was the dessert, a crunchy caramel and lemon biscuit. One of the best meals we had in Bocas, and we had a few!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple