“Awesome surf school for any level”

Mono Loco Surf School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to the MONO LOCO SURF SCHOOL.The best surfschool in Bocas del Toro, Panama. We offer high quality classes and boards. Our instructors are fully certified as surf teacher and lifeguard. Learning how to surf or improve your skills has never been this much FUN. Check out our lessons, team and gallery to see what we are about.Hope to see you soon in the warm tropical waters of Bocas del Toro, Panama. -The MONO LOCO team
SF
“Awesome surf school for any level”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Can't say enough good things about Joan and Juan. My friend and I went in late June and had an awesome time with their school. We did a bunch of research on surf camps in Panama and decided to go a bit more a la carte in a couple different areas (Playa Venao & Bocas) vs all inclusive. We went to Mono Loco the first afternoon we arrived in Bocas...and loved it so much we went back every day during our Bocas stay.

Juan and Joan are great instructors, they really teach to your level. My friend is a beginner and I'd been surfing for a while so it was really important for me to not have to do a beginner lesson and practice beach pop ups for an hour. Juan was great with both of us in the water--watching us closely and constantly giving us tips. I definitely learned more during my lesson with Juan than I have in week long surf camps elsewhere where the instructors push you and don't give you the foundation to be able to ride on your own.

Both Joan and Juan are really encouraging and let us try out different boards during our board rental--riding a board under 7 foot was definitely the highlight of Panama for me!

THANKS MONO LOCO, you guys are AWESOME! Can't wait to go back and surf again soon.

Visited June 2012

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Excellent surf school, lovely people, great waves, super location - there's none better. When in Panama, go mono loco!”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We took surfing classes for two kids, who had never surfed before, and a refresher for the old guy, who hadn't surfed for a while. Everyone at Mono loco was absolutely lovely and helpful, and we had a great time. Juan put on a fantastic surfing experience for the kids and Joan made them feel comfortable before and after. In short, you couldn't find a better experience for yourself and/or the kids anywhere! The surf is great, very mellow and well-behaved, thus ideal for beginners and such who haven't been on a wave for a while. But there are plenty nice, big breaks that once you know what you're doing, you'll get the right wave! The staff at Mono loco expertly chose the sites according to level of expertise and kept groups small to maximize the experience. In short, it couldn't have been better. And all those who are used to surfing in cold water will soon come to appreciate the warm Caribbean waters! Not going surfing with Mono loco while in Bocas would mean missing one of the very best things!!

Visited July 2012
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Awesome awesome awesome.”
Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

I went surfing for the first time with mono loco last week and got hooked. Juan is an excellent teacher.. patient, responsible, and gives great advice. I took three lessons in total and improved every time. Thanks so much, Joan and Juan!!

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Big thanks to Juan and Joan for a super experience! I was a first time surfer last week and had so much fun the first time, I took 2 more lessons. Juan is very knowledgeable and responsible and I improved each session. He gave straightforward, helpful advice before and after each wave. Muchas gracias, guys! Hasta pronto!

Chicago, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Lots of Fun!”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Had a great experience at my first surf lesson at Mono Loco Surf School. I enjoyed the straight forward teaching that allowed me to get up and surf!

Visited June 2012