“Didn't Come Back To Pick Me Up When They Said They Would”

Jampan Tours - Day Tours
Reviewed September 9, 2013

After reading some of these review, it is my understanding that Jampan does more than just island transfers, which is what I used them for. The price of $7 round trip to Red Frog Island seemed reasonable, as others were telling me $10. I took the 10:30 departing shuttle to the island and was told that they would return for me at 1:30pm (I was able to choose the time of 1:30, 2:30, etc.).

Unfortunately, after I left the beach and did the 10 minute walk in the hot sun on a dirt road there was no boat there. I asked the guy hanging at the front and he said they left at 12:30, meaning they never even came back for me at 1:30. So I got to lay around sun burned and hot waiting for random boats to dock at the pier and ask them to take me back to the main island. Finally found some guy that said he would do it for $5. I was happy to pay to just get back to my hotel, as I had plans.

To sum it up: Price is good, boat worked. But if they don't come back to pick you up what is point?

3  Thank LivingLifeByTravelin

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Thanks to all the other reviews for Jampan on Trip Advisor. As result of reading them, we chose them to take us out on a private tour for the day. Cost $120.00 for three of us.

Esteban came to collect us at the dock of the Tortuga Suites Hotel which saved us the time and effort of getting into town. You need to take your own drinks (which we had purchased the day before in town) and once we had popped those into the cool box, we took off across the bay.

Luckily, we were way ahead of the crowds and were the first to arrive in Dolphin Bay. It was so tranquil and the water so calm, we were treated to many sightings of dolphin without the interruption of the other boats. After some time and some photo moments, we went to the restaurant that we were going for lunch to put in our advance order and then took off to an area to go snorkeling, where there are coral reefs and fish. There were some beautiful colored corals, parrot fish, starfish and angel fish.

However, this was an area where there were many other boats and once it got busy and we had spent a bit of time there, Esteban suggested we go to another area to snorkel. He wanted us to see some different types of corals - fan corals and some other fish. We saw a black sting ray with white spots and I was challenged by three little squid who were busy checking me out and wondering what I was doing in their ocean! It was fantastic!

The lobster lunch was absolutely delicious and the extra bonus was seeing some some beautiful Macaws close up which are now resident at this little hotel/restaurant (see images). Clean bathrooms and friendly staff make this a great little stop on this trip.

After lunch we made a quick visit to see the sloths on a nearby island followed by a longer visit and a nap on Red Frog beach.

Fantastic day out - don't miss it!

2  Thank GingerPanamaCity
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Excellent day trip with an local guide who speaks excellent english. 4 of us took a day trip from Bocas town to Zapatillas, Snorkelling at Crawl Cay, Sloth Island, tour of Bastimentos, Dolphin Bay. etc., Moses speaks very good english, is VERY conscientious of the environment and the wildlife that supports his living. You cannot do wrong doing this trip he will customize it around your wishes. We had gone to Starfish the day before and only seen 2 starfish all day - he took us to a little mangrove and we seen dozens. Book the day before with Jampan Tours and request Moses be your guide. Trip for 4 for day was $130 plus tip

1  Thank brownie6244
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I was really excited about doing this tour and was not disappointed. It was just me and my boyfriend - who didn't want to go because he thought we would not see dolphins...was he wrong. Although our guide told us this was not mating season when there are 10 times more dolphins, we did see quite a lot. I was thrilled.

On to order our lunch. Faboulous place on the water. We choice the lobster meat. I believe it was $13 or $15 ....after snorkelling you come back and eat. Fabulous meal. One of my favorite that trip. Our tour guide told us the used to frequent another spot but found the service was not so great. Once you returned for your meal they served others before you.

Stephan was our guide. What a sweatheart he was. Such a lovely young man. Very knowledgable and caring. When snorkelling in Coral Cay he was constantly pointing out things to me. There is a ladder on the boat so easy access to the water. We spent close to an hour snorkelling. Then on to sloth island. I love sloths. Reason I made this trip (spent most of my time in Costa Rica) So many sloths we saw. Stephan made sure he pointed out as many as possible. I lost count.

Then on to red frog beach. Lovely spot. I did see a red frog. Unfortunelty it was a young boy who caught it and shows tourists. Stephan told us this is the problem why there are less of them then before. So sad.

Great company. Excellent service. Do try them. I must go back to do some of the other islands and will for sure use them again.