“Good food and at night a view of the thoughfare”
Review of La Casbah

La Casbah
Ranked #16 of 113 Restaurants in Isla Colon
Cuisines: African, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Been there more than once and never had a bad meal (actually they are very good). At night Bocas Town changes it's flavor and you get to watch from front row seats.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Service was good.The menu was nice and offered some unique options and sauces. My husband had the fish of the day with a coconut cucumber sauce which was very good and I had the filet with a mushroon and port sauce that was also very good - and they cooked the steak medium rare which can be hard to find in Panama.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We landed here on our first night in Bocas! At first I felt a little rushed, maybe they were busy and hustling. We were served almost too quickly. We waited for our drinks for a bit too long then dinner was served almost immediately. We had the fish of the day and the grilled veg salad, both were great! I could see several tables were waiting for checks for a lengthy amount of time. They are definitely doing something right, just need to catch up to all the action.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We liked La Casbah. I would not say it was the best food we had in Panama, but it was fun and the menu was interesting. We had the Middle Eastern appetizer plate, which was very good, especially the hummus and roasted vegetables, and the fish in coconut sauce. The fish seemed a little overcooked to us, but the sauce was excellent. Nice atmosphere too; the British owner is very much on the case.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

La Casbah has, by far and away, the best service in Bocas Town. They were very attentive, and, for the first time this week I didn't have to flag someone down for a refill.

The food was good and had some nice little twists. We had the steak with blue cheese sauce, and the Greek chicken, both of which were good.

I would suggest this to anyone staying in town. Top 3, for sure.