“Perfect Dinner”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Simply put, the best restaurant service I have ever experienced in four years of living in Panama. The food was unbelievably delicious as well.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Without a doubt the best meal we had in Bocas! We were able to get a reservation the same night and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. You'll want to take a taxi ($1 per person) both ways as it's a few miles out of Bocas Town. They have bug spray...you'll need it once the sun goes down since all seating is on an outdoor patio.

Highly recommend it!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

The format of this restaurant might be a little repellent for some, however, the food and service -which is rare in Panama - was excellent.
The restaurant is a little hard to find (go past the only gas station on the island, first 'house' is the restaurant) but worth it. Also, the phone number we aquired on the internet (can't remember which, might be Tripadvisor) wasn't correct.

They have no menu, they server different dishes on a daily basis. The waiter asks if we have any food allergies or dislikes. We didn't have any..

No walk ins, make sure you make a reservation!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife and my daughter of 22 stayed 9 days at the Isla Colon this July /August. We had the opportunity to try out several of the local restaurants both in Boca Town and the surroundings. The Guari Guari was so special that it deserves to be mentioned in particular. This restaurant was a great and unexpected experience. The service and friendliness of the owner was far above what you can expect at any restaurant. I don´t know how he did the magic in the kitchen given the limited amount of modern kitchen aids available that far away from civilization. We enjoyed a four course dinner with good wine and coffee accompanied with a good brandy, and we did not notice that four hours passed while we had the greatest time surrounded by darkness and the rain forest. I will recommend everyone who visit the Isla Colon to pay a visit to this restaurant. I guarantee that you will not regret it.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

My boyfriend and I went to Guari Guari a few months back as it was highly recommended to us. When we arrived, we noticed it was hidden behind some trees behind a gas station and we both wondered... Could it really be that good? When we walked in we were greeted by a very nice man, the chef or owner I believe, and he sat us down. I looked around and continued to doubt the place just because I am someone to identifies a good restaurant with a beautiful decorative place, however, the food blew me away!!! I started to appreciate the simplicity of everything around me because the FOOD is what's important - not the green plastic chairs. Anyway, my boyfriend had called ahead and told them I was a pescatarian and everything they made was PERFECT! My boyfriend was able to have a steak while I enjoyed my tuna steak. It was wonderful. I highly recommend this restaurant. One of the best in Bocas!!

2  Thank Natalie V