“Wonderful experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Guari Guari
Ranked #7 of 99 Restaurants in Isla Colon
Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Stavanger
“Wonderful experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife and my daughter of 22 stayed 9 days at the Isla Colon this July /August. We had the opportunity to try out several of the local restaurants both in Boca Town and the surroundings. The Guari Guari was so special that it deserves to be mentioned in particular. This restaurant was a great and unexpected experience. The service and friendliness of the owner was far above what you can expect at any restaurant. I don´t know how he did the magic in the kitchen given the limited amount of modern kitchen aids available that far away from civilization. We enjoyed a four course dinner with good wine and coffee accompanied with a good brandy, and we did not notice that four hours passed while we had the greatest time surrounded by darkness and the rain forest. I will recommend everyone who visit the Isla Colon to pay a visit to this restaurant. I guarantee that you will not regret it.

• Visited July 2013

Portland, Oregon
“Hidden Gem.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

My boyfriend and I went to Guari Guari a few months back as it was highly recommended to us. When we arrived, we noticed it was hidden behind some trees behind a gas station and we both wondered... Could it really be that good? When we walked in we were greeted by a very nice man, the chef or owner I believe, and he sat us down. I looked around and continued to doubt the place just because I am someone to identifies a good restaurant with a beautiful decorative place, however, the food blew me away!!! I started to appreciate the simplicity of everything around me because the FOOD is what's important - not the green plastic chairs. Anyway, my boyfriend had called ahead and told them I was a pescatarian and everything they made was PERFECT! My boyfriend was able to have a steak while I enjoyed my tuna steak. It was wonderful. I highly recommend this restaurant. One of the best in Bocas!!

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Natalie V
Darwin, Australia
“best meal of my whole trip!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Best restaurant I've ever eaten at in my life. I found this place on trip advisor and seen others said it was the best. my partner and I thought we would give it a go. the german part-owner was ao friendly, he talked us through each course and we chatted about the restaurant and he told us a bit about bocas. he was very attentive and kept looking over incase my wine glass got half full. each course was perfectly cooked, amazingly presented and just melted in your mouth. every single course was PERFECTION!!. only regret is that we didn't go back another night!!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jadey_from_Oz
Atlan
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

My wife and I went to Panama in October of 2012. It was pouring down rain when we went to Guari Guari. The host met us with an umbrella and we were the only two that night. (Due to the rain and the down season). We had a fabulous 6 course meal. I hate hummus. They made us a hummus and I was so reluctant to try, but once I did I ate it all and my wife barely got a bite. Excellent meal!

• Visited October 2012
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Best in Bocas ?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

We read about this restaurant on trip advisor. First tip do not look for it in Bocas town - it is a 5 minute taxi ride at USD 2. Six course meal - very well planned and presented. Up front German host is excellent and Spanish female cook obvious professional. Good wine selection and it is a one table booking per night. Could not fault the place !

Highly recommended.