Hotel Los Delfines
$93
Selina Bocas del Toro(Isla Colon)(Great Value!)
$55
  • Breakfast included
Hotelito Del Mar(Bocas Town)(Great Value!)
$68
Hotel Palma Royale(Bocas Town)
$85
Hotel Olas(Bocas Town)
$49
  • Restaurant
Playa Bluff Hotel(Bluff Beach)(Great Value!)
$85
$77
$102
$92
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $106/night.

Tesoro Escondido(Bluff Beach)(Great Value!)
$45
$42
  • Beachfront
Koko Resort(Isla Colon)
$115
$350
$280
  • Beachfront
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I am not a hostel guy, I like private rooms and don't like to be bothered. So this hotel is a step up form that. I didn't search much for other hotels, but it was easily found to be one of the cheaper private room hotels in Bocas Town.

Pros: My room had a partial ocean view, A/C works wells, Hot water, comfortable bed, clean room, plenty of towels and soap, Wifi in the bar/restaurant area, staff was friendly.

Cons: Difficult to sleep at night due to proximity of bars that blast music all night, the shades on the windows do not shield the rising sun at all, the included "breakfast" consists of toast and juice, the Wifi does not reach to the rooms. My room was on the top floor, so the roof slanted down on one side and if you are taller than 5' 8" you will continually smash your head into the ceiling.

If you are on a budget this hotel is a good option. Within 5 minute walking distance to the center of town. Clean, somewhat safe.

My main issue I had with this hotel is I e-mailed them asking for the cost and they told me $35pn, however when I got there they charged me $45pn even though I showed them the e-mail from them saying it was only $35.

Room Tip: The top floor has a private balcony with a partial ocean view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank LivingLifeByTravelin
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Basic hotel for the price of great hotel.

Don't reserve in advance when travelling to Bocas like we did. There's a lot of rooms available on the island and you can bargain a room easily.

We made a mistake by booking in advance when we were in Costa Rica.

Pricey, no view from our room and very small rooms.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ghistos
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Hi folks. What I really mean with the title is that this Hotel may not look very nice outside, but the rooms, the service, the food and all the people taking care of you, from the kitchens ladies to the owner, everybody were very nice and polite. You have to know that this place is not a five star hotel, but sometimes, even for the price, be in a nice and humble place like "Posada Los delfines", is simply better.
Why I am so sure that I can tell you this? This was the fifth time I visited the beautiful city of Bocas del Toro and I have stayed in 4 different hotels and about all of them I had complaints, but this does not. The pizza cooked over a wood fire was incredible. It may not look very good on the outside, but for that price you can find a nice stay, good air conditioning, baths with hot or fresh water. In the restaurant, good Wi-Fi signal, that if I had to complain about anything it would be that in my room got no signal.
Even do, this is my opinion about my experience.I was there on a trip from Costa Rica for three days and two nights, with a total of 36 people, including family and friends.

Room Tip: For couples : Third floor. For everybody else : Any room. People who likes internet, first floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Marcos C
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during an expedition to Panama from Costa Rica. The reservation was supposed to be an "upgrade" from the usual accomodation offered in package. If this was an upgrade, I shutter at the thought of the other place. As far as positives go, I will say 3 things that were appreciated. First, the room itself was clean. Secondly, air conditioning was provided and it worked well, which apparently is not the norm for that area. Third, the restaurant attached to the hotel offered brick oven pizzas and it was neat to sit at your table and watch the cook make your pizza and then spin in around in the oven until it is golden brown. And that is where the positives end! While the room was clean, it was sparse in every possible way. There were two tiny pieces of furniture. I mean tiny, like for a child's nursery. There was a horribly uncomfortable, small bed with sheets and a dirty fleece type blanket thrown on top. My view was of a trash laden shanty in the back. The tv did not work. The wireless internet was almost impossible to hone in on. And the worst is the service offered in the restaurant in the mornings. There was one woman who showed up at her leisure to cook and although she saw that my daughter and I were waiting, she took orders from the people who sat down after us before she took ours. She was rude and dismissive when I politely tried to ask for beverages. She cooked each meal one by one. I showed her that according to my paperwork from the expedition, breakfast was included in my stay. She said that information was incorrect, unless breakfast was juice, coffee and toast. Everything else had to be paid for. She did not deliver a bill or my free juice or coffee. I had to pour my child's juice myself and she would not make eye contact with me when I tried to ask for a mug so that I could get my own coffee. Then when all was said and done, she tried to charge me for the juice I poured myself that was supposed to be free and the coffee I never got. I felt badly that she was the only one there and tried to be patient. But her attitude was so poor that in the end, she is part of why this hotel got 2 stars from me instead of 3. If you are expecting a nice place, do not book this hotel. If you are looking for a cold room to lay your head down for a night, it might be good for the price. If you are looking for strong customer service, or any customer service for that matter, go elsewhere!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank poorfox
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We were travelling with a group so didn't choose this backpacker-style hotel ourselves. Nor would we! Our cramped room on the 2nd floor was dingy — walls and doors badly in need of a scrubbing if not a new paint job. Towels were small, threadbare and stained from overuse. Lighting was a 40 watt bulb (if that) hanging from the ceiling. Security was questionable. The sign at the reception desk "Open 24 Hours" was misleading as there was often no one there. On one occasion I finally went into the office and searched the desk myself to get our room key. Anyone off the street could have done the same. On the plus side, sleep was possible, as the air-con worked well and was loud enough to drown out the noise from the restaurant downstairs. Also the breakfasts were good — ham and cheese omelettes and whole wheat toast!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends