WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Hotel Los Delfines

Hotel Los Delfines
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Isla Colon
Quebec City, Canada
“Expensive for what you've got”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Basic hotel for the price of great hotel.

Don't reserve in advance when travelling to Bocas like we did. There's a lot of rooms available on the island and you can bargain a room easily.

We made a mistake by booking in advance when we were in Costa Rica.

Pricey, no view from our room and very small rooms.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ghistos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Desamparados, San Jose, Costa Rica
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Hi folks. What I really mean with the title is that this Hotel may not look very nice outside, but the rooms, the service, the food and all the people taking care of you, from the kitchens ladies to the owner, everybody were very nice and polite. You have to know that this place is not a five star hotel, but sometimes, even for the price, be in a nice and humble place like "Posada Los delfines", is simply better.
Why I am so sure that I can tell you this? This was the fifth time I visited the beautiful city of Bocas del Toro and I have stayed in 4 different hotels and about all of them I had complaints, but this does not. The pizza cooked over a wood fire was incredible. It may not look very good on the outside, but for that price you can find a nice stay, good air conditioning, baths with hot or fresh water. In the restaurant, good Wi-Fi signal, that if I had to complain about anything it would be that in my room got no signal.
Even do, this is my opinion about my experience.I was there on a trip from Costa Rica for three days and two nights, with a total of 36 people, including family and friends.

Room Tip: For couples : Third floor. For everybody else : Any room. People who likes internet, first floor...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Marcos C
Greensboro, NC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during an expedition to Panama from Costa Rica. The reservation was supposed to be an "upgrade" from the usual accomodation offered in package. If this was an upgrade, I shutter at the thought of the other place. As far as positives go, I will say 3 things that were appreciated. First, the room itself was clean. Secondly, air conditioning was provided and it worked well, which apparently is not the norm for that area. Third, the restaurant attached to the hotel offered brick oven pizzas and it was neat to sit at your table and watch the cook make your pizza and then spin in around in the oven until it is golden brown. And that is where the positives end! While the room was clean, it was sparse in every possible way. There were two tiny pieces of furniture. I mean tiny, like for a child's nursery. There was a horribly uncomfortable, small bed with sheets and a dirty fleece type blanket thrown on top. My view was of a trash laden shanty in the back. The tv did not work. The wireless internet was almost impossible to hone in on. And the worst is the service offered in the restaurant in the mornings. There was one woman who showed up at her leisure to cook and although she saw that my daughter and I were waiting, she took orders from the people who sat down after us before she took ours. She was rude and dismissive when I politely tried to ask for beverages. She cooked each meal one by one. I showed her that according to my paperwork from the expedition, breakfast was included in my stay. She said that information was incorrect, unless breakfast was juice, coffee and toast. Everything else had to be paid for. She did not deliver a bill or my free juice or coffee. I had to pour my child's juice myself and she would not make eye contact with me when I tried to ask for a mug so that I could get my own coffee. Then when all was said and done, she tried to charge me for the juice I poured myself that was supposed to be free and the coffee I never got. I felt badly that she was the only one there and tried to be patient. But her attitude was so poor that in the end, she is part of why this hotel got 2 stars from me instead of 3. If you are expecting a nice place, do not book this hotel. If you are looking for a cold room to lay your head down for a night, it might be good for the price. If you are looking for strong customer service, or any customer service for that matter, go elsewhere!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank poorfox

Travelers are raving about these Isla Colon hotels

Victoria, BC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

We were travelling with a group so didn't choose this backpacker-style hotel ourselves. Nor would we! Our cramped room on the 2nd floor was dingy — walls and doors badly in need of a scrubbing if not a new paint job. Towels were small, threadbare and stained from overuse. Lighting was a 40 watt bulb (if that) hanging from the ceiling. Security was questionable. The sign at the reception desk "Open 24 Hours" was misleading as there was often no one there. On one occasion I finally went into the office and searched the desk myself to get our room key. Anyone off the street could have done the same. On the plus side, sleep was possible, as the air-con worked well and was loud enough to drown out the noise from the restaurant downstairs. Also the breakfasts were good — ham and cheese omelettes and whole wheat toast!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Bocas del Toro
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

Though I have never slept a single night in this hotel, I would like to write a review about the restaurant - pizzeria. The pizza's are very good. But the music is loud and the lights are very bright. So I reccomened to everyone acking for a slice of afforable but delicious pizza to visit los delfines and take away one of those delicous pizza's!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
On the road
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Really nice, clean and spacy enough rooms upon a restaurant. With aircon and hot showers. Good option for the hostels downtown. Shared a two bed room with a friend and the price didn't go much higher per person than the dorms on other places. They also clean the rooms daily.

Restaurant downstairs makes good wood-oven pizzas. The staff is friendly, especially the older gentleman working in the reception. Highly recommendable place only a few minutes from the center.

Wifi works outside the rooms and better downstairs in the restaurant. Could be a bit better connection.

Room Tip: The room near over the pizza oven might get some smoke from the chimney.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank HontzyOntheroad
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

After spending one night at one dirty hostel at Bocas, we were looking for a nicer room for the other night. The day before we went to the restarunt beneath Los Delfines and the food was great and the people were very nice. The room is very big, clean and it has the facilities of a higher budget hotel. If you're coming to Bocas to spend your Honeymoon or a relaxed vacation - This place will be an excellent option for you. p.s. - It includes breakfast.

Room Tip: Try their Pizza - it's the best one you can find in Bocas
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple