Playa Tortuga Hotel & Beach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Villa Sevilla(Isla Colon)
Koko Resort(Isla Colon)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Los Delfines(Isla Colon)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Angela(Bocas Town)
Bocas Inn(Isla Colon)
View Hotel
Swan's Cay Hotel(Bocas Town)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Laguna(Bocas Town)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Posada Isla Chica(Bocas Town)
View Hotel
Hotelito Del Mar(Bocas Town)
View Hotel
All reviewsfree shuttlenice resortlarge hotelbreakfast buffet isbeautiful poolcab ridemy girlfriend
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Place is well located but so are others in the area. Service is just poor, food average. We came across Island Plantation in our travels and will stay there next time.

There are better values in the area. Front desk didn't know much beyond the three tours offered by the hotel. Also, the 'spa' is anything but. It consists of a massage table essentially located in the closet of the shack sized gym. There is plenty to do in town.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stayed here for a night and we agree with the majority of other reviews. The rooms are really nice, although musty. The view and pool area are beautiful! Great for families and small children. The problem is the service. The staff acts annoyed to help you. The front desk people were rude and acted very put out that we were checking in. It's unfortunate because it sets the tone for the entire establishment. The outside bar people were on their phones and didn't even wait on you. It's too bad because with some training, this could be a great place!

We did find a few staff people who were very helpful, but not enough to make up for everyone else.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TNors
Fernando_Machado, Director of Operations at Playa Tortuga Hotel & Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Dear TNors,

Your comments are important to us.

We regret that we did met exceed your expectations during your recent visit to Bocas del Toro. We have noted your observations and have communicated them to the corresponding departments.

Bocas del Toro is a place with natural beauty and warm welcoming people. Our associates strive to feel our guests at home.

We appreciate the opportunity to improve you offer us through your comments.

Regards,

Fernando Machado
Director of Operations

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I had the airport transfer to my hotel it seems they only had one pick up truck with a capacity of 4 people only. And there were more people waiting, the driver sent us on a public mini bus to the hotel and suddenly dissapeared. Thank God the hotel staff kindly paid for the public bus. The room I had, was nice with a rear sea side view, everything was clean, beds were comfortables. Pressure of the shower not that good. The bad thing about the room, the humidity. I suffer from sinus and for me it was unbearable, I got sick because of the odor, I told the staff and they said yes that's a problem, did they try to resolve it? No. Pool was ok, the beach was not that good, food at the little hut was good. Breakfast buffet very poor. This hotel is for families and people who want to rest. If you're single and go with friends it's better to stay in town for you have to take a taxi or the hotel shuttle every time you want to move.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Pty_23,

We appreciate the comments regarding your recent visit to our property and Bocas del Toro .

Thank you for your preference. We are glad you liked our clean rooms with large, comfortable beds.

We regret the inconvenient during transportation as our large 30 passenger shuttle bus was on routine maintenance. Our associates strive to make it up

Bocas del Toro abounds with green natural and marine beauty. This is due to it being a tropical destination.

Warm regards,

Fernando Machado
Director of Operations

Reviewed June 25, 2014

My family of 5 recently stayed here and I would recommend as the property is lovely! But, skip the restaurant bar over the water and go in to town to eat. Wait staff messed up all the orders and served the food so slowly that most of the time one of the five had food to eat. Quality was terrible. All grease-yuk! Also, make sure you check your rezervation to ensure you have breakfast included. I swore mine did but when I printed out it said no. We ate continental breakfast once and it cost me $70 for five of us. Crazy. There is much better food in town. That said, the rooms and balconies were teriffic. Beds were great. Bathroom amenities were top line. Each trip to town costs each person $2 each way but lots of taxis and vans available to take you. We found one guy driving a van that picked us up anytime we needed.

Room Tip: I believe all the roms are good and face the water
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2014

My friend stayed here this past week ,she was very comfortable,,huge room ,wonderful service,we ate in the restaurant ,delicious food,,good service,,elvis is great ,,,the front desk people are awesome,,veronica,julio,seas ,i am forgetting all of the names ,each person was very helpful,,Jackie you run a wonderful hotel,the pool is so beautiful,,my friends room overlooked the ocean ,she thoroughly enjoyed her stay ,,she asked me to write the review for her as she doesn't have an account,,,,i refer many visitors to this lovely hotel ,

Room Tip: ocean view
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo