All reviews free shuttle nice resort large hotel breakfast buffet is beautiful pool cab ride my girlfriend waves
Reviewed January 23, 2013

it is a hype the beach water is dirty, could not even take a deep but yes they do have a clean swimming pool, drinks in the bar are very expensive, there is no light on the patio to relax or read a book. they do not even have a an iron to iron your clothes, when i asked for one they said they do not have one. front desk staff is very frindly and helpful but to pay $170 per night is not worth it, you could stay at local hotel in town and enjoy the beach somewere else.

1  Thank fariaz14
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is the second time I stayed here. The first visit was good. The last was not. The rooms were clean and nice and the pool area too. The service, however was deplorable. We were served a salad without lettuce. When we complained they returned after a long time with chopped lettuce to put in the dump into the now soggy salad. We booked a tour and showed up at the correct time. The tour guides were unorganized and read room numbers off a piece of crumpled paper. They was great confusion and our guide left without us. After waiting nearly and hour, I demanded they arrange another tour downtown. We only had one day for this tour. After much confusion and hassle they finally arranged for it only after I got mad and threatened to check out a day early and leave. When we checked out the next day surprise surprise...they had my room charges wrong. That was the last straw. We will never return to this hotel. They say it is a top hotel in Bocas. I say they are a nice hotel wannabe. Decent rooms but horrible service.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mariommendoza
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My husband & I stayed here for 2 nights early in January. I knew that I did not want to stay downtown in a hotel , I wanted something much quieter and with lovely grounds as well as on the water. So we chose to stay here. I have read many of the recent reviews and I have to say I agree with many of them . The hotel really needs to step it up. From our room there was quite a septic smell at times, the staff was not very attentive at all. None were rude, but none offered great service either. This could be due to the automatic 10% gratutity added to your bill. Our room was satifactory as far as cleanliness, but I would have preferred it to be much better. Our room was spacious and everything worked very well. I believe it is time they should invest some money into this resort and do some upgrades as well. What I did like about the hotel was the grounds, they were lovely. For me this was a big plus as I didn't spend much time in our room anyways. I enjoyed the little cabana for lunch and a few drinks. I didn't enjoy the main diningroom as it was much like a cafeteria style. Bright lights, plain tables. But on the other hand in the morning when we chose to eat outside by the ocean, no one seemed to have any issue with this. I would actually have given this a 2 1/2 star but my choice is 2 or 3. For a 3 star rating I would expect it to be cleaner and better service, but again the grounds were wonderful.

2  Thank Debbie M
Reviewed January 19, 2013

This resort does not deserve a 4 star, at best a 2. First, the good. The room was clean, basic. The location is good for families and non partying guests. The pool area is very nice and spacious. Now, the rest. The service is terrible. The staff at the desk was very friendly and service oriented with the basics but when confronted with any request we had to practically threaaten. \one in our party ordered a salad for lunch at the cabana by the pool. It came with the meat, cheese and lots of tomotoes, but no lettuce. The waiter acted like that is what a salad was, but the menu clearly stated lettuce as the first ingredient. Oh so we find out that the kitchen at the cabana was out of lettuce. What are they thinking, that we wont notice that the lettuce was missing. Finally, the cook saunters out and goes to the main kitchen for lettuce. After 15 minutes, the lettuce arrives on a tray but the cook is missing so the lettuce sits there. After 20 minutes the cook returns the lettuce arrives in a separate bowl. Next day, we had booked an excursion thru the hotel. Makiing a long sotry short, we had to threaten to check out early in order for the desk to finally take us downtown and pay for an excursion for us. We would not stay here again. The management should be on hand to see that this resort is run properly. It has the bones to be a good one.

1  Thank Stephen R
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Our stay at Tortuga was so bad so we actually left one day earlier than planned. The hotel didn't meet our expectations at all. And we lived at many different kind of hotels and are not very picky at all. But we didn't get what we paid for! The place is quite run down, a rusty refrigerator met us when entering the room. And everything is shabby. There was also blood on the sheets and when we pointed it out the staff didn't seem to care. (But they did change it.) The staff was without exception very rude and unfriendly. The transfer bus to and from city was almost always full. Over all, we didn't feel welcome and would never go there again!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple