“the best Home Stay in my 15D Taiwan Island tour”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Taitung County
Taiwan Juhu Farmstay
Ranked #6 of 909 Taitung County B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“the best Home Stay in my 15D Taiwan Island tour”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

the best Home stay in my trip ...

there is total 3 units of house and we got 2 units but i managed to snap all 3 of them with the permission of the owner. All 3 with different colour theme ~ Pink, Yellow & Blue.

there design of the unit are very nice ... reading area, hall / living room with sofa, TV & dvd also some cd if not wrong. the bed area with nice deco bed. even toilet bowl also deco w flower n leave b4 u flush ;)

there is spring water in the bath room and also balcony at the back of each unit view mountain n sea view.

the food is prepared by the owner and its organic food ...that really healthy and yummy.

they also have farm ... during my stay there is few types of oranges ... owner bring us around n plug quite alots of the fruits to bring along w us.

the owner really friendly ;)

wish to be there again ... thats really a nice place to be ;)

i was there on Dec 2011 (not in drop down list for selection)

Room Tip: every units w special theme n nice deco n spring water is in each unit & organic breakfast prepa...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank celine_sp0

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 6, 2013

You're out in the middle of the mountains, but that meant we saw a Formosan Reeves' Muntjac, and it's very peaceful.

Food was excellent (we had to ask for seconds of the pork because it was so yummy!).

We went in the wintertime, and most places don't have heat (even hotels), but here, there is heat, which is nice. Heaters aren't necessary because it doesn't get too cold in Taiwan half the time, but it's definitely a luxury I appreciate.

They gave us great suggestions for tourism around the area (Walami) and food on the way back.

They have a super cute dog (Sheauhei) who happily follows you around.

The rooms were spacious. It was definitely nice to be away from the temptations of the night markets to appreciate the sound system and the bath. Plus, after hiking up and down the mountains on the Walami trail, it was a real treat to just sit back & relax.

I'd definitely would come back here again. If you have GPS, it's not hard to find. It's a hidden treasure!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ysa F
Hong Kong
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We paid slightly more than TWD 8,000.- for two nights and one dinner (two people).

Let's start with the negative points : the food may not be to everybody's liking but it is surely healthy. There is no proper soap, only liquid body wash.

However, as somebody mentioned in an earlier review, this is probably the best B&B in Taiwan. In any case, this is the best B&B I have ever been to, anywhere in the world (there must be better but I do not know where it is)! So do not go there immediately if you are on a trip around Taiwan because you may ruin your pleasure in staying in other B&Bs afterwards : keep this one for the end.

A small house with three rooms is nested on top of a hill : on one side, there is a view on the mountain covered by the tropical forest, on the other side where there is a relatively large balcony attached to the room, with a view towards a mountain covered by the tropical forest and a valley that let the Pacific Ocean appear in the background. The scenery is breathtaking!
The room is very spacious, the bathroom made out of stone boasts a shower and a bath (with a view over the balcony towards the mountain covered by the tropical forest).

There is a lot of noise around the house, mainly due to frogs and birds. We were there in December so we did not suffer from mosquitoes, there are mosquito screens on the doors though.

The hosts are very thoughtful and kind. ATien even chased us with a car to bring umbrellas while we were walking up the hill above the house (we had to refuse them though because walking in the rain is a real pleasure to us but he could not know).
He also took some time to show us around some insects (notably a huge spider) and frogs at night (with a lamp) and birds during the day (with a telescope)

They also serve and sell dried papaya that reconciled me with the fruit (generally I am not too fond of papaya).

Some mentioned the difficulty to find the way there (even for cabs if you took the train to Yuli) : we had the same issue. The trick is to know that there is a road going uphill from Highway 11 starting around kilometer 91.3, then the signs are clear. If you are on a bicycle, be prepared to suffer : the 5 km to ZhuHu SanJu are far from flat.

As a conclusion, this place is highly recommended if you like the nature in Taiwan (I did not really like the cities I have been to in this country).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ADAix
Beijing, China
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Meiju and A-Tian are the best hostess and host you could possibly hope for as a guest. They are attentive but never intruding; you have your own privacy when you need it, but you know you can get help when you need it. The great food from Meiju's own recipe and A-Tian's guided tour are pretty well-known by now, which only made me regret that I did not participate in their 3D2N package tour. Well, I will be back again for sure! :-)

Room Tip: The blue room is fantastic, with the only downside being its proximity to the pond where a frog is c...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank thelma_tang
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Now I know the reasons why Zhuhu is the No.1 rated at tripadvisor.
The owners are warm, down-to-earth and very helpful. This B&B is managed by husband & wife team, Mr Lai and Meiju (美菊).
The rooms are very very nicely decorated and you will feel homely instantly.
What I like the most are the services provided by Meiju, months before our trip in December through emails and phone calls.
I did not manage to reserve the train seats from Taipei to Yuli in advance from an agent in Taipei, Meiju quickly helped me to reserve the tickets from Taipei to Hualien. She offered to pick us up from Hualien too. Meiju initially offered to buy the tickets for me (and will get it delivered to the hotel where we were lodging in Taipei), but, I declined her offer thinking my another agent in Taipei can help us directly. However, the agent in Taipei didn't do a good job and informed us only 3 days before our departure. I was panicked and called Meiju in the very same morning and she assured me to do her best and make the best arrangement as she could. Within the same morning, she texted me and informed that she has gotten train tickets from Taipei to Hualien and will pick us from Hualien using their MPV. It cost additional Nt1000 for the pick-up but it was all worth it. Mr Lai even picked us with a box of Hualien's Mochi! Mr lai is very knowledgeable about the terrain and history of his province/ village. During a stop-over, he even bought popcorn for the kids.
Sit at a hilltop, Zhuhu therefore offers magnificent views and fresh air. The whole area is about 30 hectares, with fruit and vegetable farms, managed by the couple.
We booked a 4D3N full board package, that is, 2 rooms for 7 of us. The 4 days were a breeze. We do not need to worry about anything! Everything was provided for.
The meals prepared by Meiju were healthy and yummy (disclaimer: for people with salty taste, you may find it too bland/plain). Every meal is a 7/8 course meal! We were so spoilt :) Fuirts are in abundance and we can help ourselves anytime.
If there is a chance, I will bring my family back there again, with a 5D4N stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 16, 2012

For this trip I booked all the no. 1 minsus in the various cities of Taiwan my husband n i were going.(based on trip advisor).
Both of us agreed Zhuhu Shanju was the best of all.

The service started long b4 we set foot in taiwan. I exchanged countless of emails with Meiju Jie asking her every possible question about my trip and she replied every question patiently n systematically.
She was so dependable and truthful, I knew we were in good hands.

She was the only minsu owner who offered to buy train tickets for me even though its not for transportation linked to the taitung part of my trip.
I really appreciated that she went the extra mile despite her busyness.

Meiju jie also recommended me to go green island when I was considering just doing a one day tour at green island n coming back to stay at her minsu. Shows she's more interested in your enjoyment than her own pocket.

Ah Tian ge brought us to taste many local delicacies, and throughout our itinerary brought us to corners and top of rocks and hills to see views that normal tour groups wouldnt have been able to see, all these made our trip memorable.

There's no fixed time for breakfast as they believe holidays should be restful and relaxing, not having to stress about alarms and wake up calls.
Exactly the kind of holiday we wanted.
This shows their dedication and flexibility coz breakfast is served fresh as and when you are ready.

On our last day with Meiju jie sending us to our next city, she had driven the whole day and brought us around various spots, it was already 5pm when we neared the next minsu we be staying in. It was already a long day and she had to drive 2 more hours back without stopping, yet she was concerned about us going hungry.
She drove to 2 different famous stalls to get take aways for us, all this in hualien!(not part of the itinerary and definitely not the leg of my tour she's responsible for )

Both Ah Tian ge and Meiju jie are such down to earth and humble people who are really customer-centred. They put us at great ease, know exactly when to go where and give great thought to our well being and comfort.

Zhuhu shanju is undoubtedly the no. 1  minsu in our hearts! Its location,  beautiful scenery n organic food, the interior decor, the space n closeness to nature, n especially the people, Ah Tian ge n Meiju Jie both put our interests above anything else. Exclusive personalized service at our beck n call. Its truly first class service!

We will definitely be back again for a relaxing and restful holiday in a beautiful haven surrounded by the wonders of nature!!!

• Stayed December 2012
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed November 11, 2012

If watching natural creations is your favorite, I would strongly recommend you to stay Juhu B&B at least 3D2N.

I stayed here for 4D3N and participated the trip package. The host, Mr. Lai (A-Tian), is with comprehensive knowledge of wild animals, plants and geology. He will tell you as much as he knows, just like you have an encyclopedia along with your journey. Remember to bring your binoculars to help you find much more surprise. A-Tian knows many private areas along the Hualien/Taitung seashore. He is also good at mountain climbing, knowing how to explore the specific mountain tracks in the right season. So if you are full of energy and always curious about the nature, A-Tian will be the best tour guide and will never let you down.

The fruits and vegetables in the organic farm are extremely sweet, very good for health. That's why there are so many lives (wild birds, monkey, frog, boar, and Formosan Reeve's muntjac..etc) were fed here. A-Tian's wife, May-Ju, always prepares the healthy and delicious dishes by using her own recipes. So the taste is unique, you will not eat the same from the other restaurant. The couple spent more than a decade to develop and maintain the natural environment and ecosystem here. When taking a walk around the hill, I was deeply touched. God knows how hard they are working to keep the natural paradise. How lucky we were to be here by just spending a little money.

During my stay here, I learnt a lot from A-Tian and saw many beautiful scenery and even ate yummy Taiwanese cuisine. I had surprise and new discovery everyday to make me full of good memories. I will never forget A-Tian and May-Ju's hospitality, let me feel I was not going on a vacation, but just liked going home. I have promised them I will be back next year. I wish I can learn much more knowledge from A-Tian, chatting about life philosophy with May-Ju. I really love them and cannot wait to come back again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family