“nicest hotel in taiwan”

Ranked #4 of 128 Hotels in Nantou County
Santa Monica
“nicest hotel in taiwan”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Classy, quiet, and a far break from the tourism of Sun Moon Lake, the Lalu was the best hotel we stayed in on our recent trip to Taiwan. While the new W in Taipei may be trendier and newer, the Lalu was breathtaking. The views were incredible. Our suite was paradise. I didn't eat a meal there but the people I was traveling with enjoyed their traditional Chinese restaurant. I was too busy photographing sunset and sunrise from our balcony. Five Stars all the way.

Room Tip: I'm not sure if every room has a lake view but in this case I would pay whatever it costs to mak...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
CeliaKuo, 專員 at The Lalu Sun Moon Lake, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

We wish your trip to Taiwan and The Lalu a memorable one. Hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Baltimore
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Took a day to relax here during a recent business trip. The calmness of the lake and nature around you are complimented by the superb hotel staff, amenities and cleanliness. I missed the Japanese restaurant as it was closed during the week, but the main hotel restaurant food and service were excellent.

The rooms are spacious, great views, modern amenities and CLEAN. Plenty of relaxation amenities provided, but the view and quiet/calmness were all that I needed.

I highly recommend the Lalu Sun Moon Lake to unwind.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recommendation. If you visit Taiwan again, we would like to have you stay with us.
North America
Reviewed January 29, 2014

What a wonderful hotel with great pride from all of the staff.
They really treat you as their one of the most important VIP even though you are very first time guest.

We brought 80+ years old parents with us and my mother even had a SPA treatment by herself in the single treatment room!!
First I asked SPA receptionist if they can come to my mother's room for the treatment because I was afraid maybe she would have hard time getting up and down from high treatment table.
What a surprise!! They told me to bring her to the SPA and they would take a good care of her.
Sure they did.Tow therapists welcomed her with big smile and helped her not to fall from the table.
I was so glad not only my mom enjoyed SPA but also they treated her with respect towards elderly person.

Try outdoor afternoon tea, view is gorgeous.
You will enjoy western restaurant as well.

I highly recommend two bed room suites if you bring your old parents.

I will be back soon for a longer stay !!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the compliment on our spa staff. Look forward to service you again.
Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

This was the perfect retreat from the utter chaos of mainland China. The rooms are spacious, the view is gorgeous, and it was quiet enough to hear the nature.
The pool was a little cold, but I actually enjoyed the poolside view too much to care :)

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment. We will look after the temperature of the pool,
Brisbane
Reviewed January 5, 2014

The Lalu is a very grand hotel, the entrace spells nothing but relaxation and zen with class. The views from your room and from the lobby are fantastic (assuming you're there for Sun Moon lake).

We stayed at one of the lakeview suites, the room is massive (not your typical hotel room or suite room). It was the size of a reasonably large apartment. Room was very clean, bathroom was what you would expect from the hotel with seperate bath and shower. They had balconies with lazy beds which was handy, though travelling in winter didn't help things.

The hotel restaurants were pretty good as well (not the best 5 star restaurants ever, but well above average)

Location was fairly good as well, we rented bikes and rode around the lake and the little towns about.

The only negative thing I can say is that everything at this hotel seems a little bit pricey, they have everything but at a price. The price of the hotel room itself for what you get is probably on the borderline of acceptable and high priced for me, but not questioning the quality of the hotel at all and would not hesitate to return if I had the chance.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much and look forward to service you again.
Irvine, California
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

This was the best hotel food my family and I have ever experienced. Not to mention a top notch Asian inspired 5 star resort. In January, the set meal included 9 courses. All were excellent. There is a tatami area as well as a teppanyaki area where you can take the kids to watch the chef cook. All I can say is, if you can afford to; must visit The Lalu!!! Especially the Japanese restaurant. Will post photos soon.

Stayed January 2014
We are glad to know that you enjoy your dinner. Hope to see you again in the near future.
Duluth, Georgia
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I heard a lot about this hotel, but never had the chance to experience it until this past weekend, and I was not disappointed, although it was a bit pricey. Upon arrival, we were greeted by hotel staff who took care of our car, luggage, and escorted us to a nice waiting area to enjoy plum tea and almonds while giving us steaming hot face towels to refresh ourselves a bit. Since we arrived in the evening, we were not able to enjoy the vistas the rooms provided. In the morning, there were great views of the lake from every room! There's even a balcony with nicely appointed furniture to take in the views! unfortunately, the morning was foggy and the day was cloudy so no great sunrises was observed. The suites were exquisite! I was only there for a night so I was not able to enjoy the full benefits of a good stay. However, that was a great time!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family