“Pleasance minsu with strategic location”

Cingjing Vienna Pleasance Cottage
Ranked #46 of 658 Nantou County B&B and Inns
Malaysia
“Pleasance minsu with strategic location”
Reviewed October 22, 2011

When I decided to visit Cingjing, I was looking for a minsu which is near to the Cingjing Tourist Recreation Center (清境農場遊客休閒中心) where you can find Starbuck cafe, 7-11, restaurants and souvenir shops here. I shortlisted a few minsu and I chose Vienna Pleasance Cottage over other minsu like Misty, Top-cloud, Energy Home Village, Baiyun (literally means white cloud) based on some factors as follow:

Location:
It is located just 5 mins walking distance to Cingjing Tourist Recreation Center 清境農場遊客休閒中心 -- (CTRC). After check in at the minsu, we simply walk to the CTRC to have our lunch and visited the Little Swiss Garden which is just opposite of the CTRC.
*Please take note that there are 2 tourist center, 1 is named as Cingjing Tourist Recreation Center (清境農場遊客休閒中心) and another one which is located further up, between Guomin Guest house and green green grassland is named as Cingjing Farm Tourist Service Center (清境農場旅遊服務中心).

Another advantage of staying at this minsu is that it is located at side of the main road going up to green green grassland from Puli. So, you can take the nantou bus from Puli, or a direct bus from Taichung and inform the bus driver to drop you at Vienna Pleasance Cottage. It is very convenient...I met with a family who took lunch at the same restaurant with us, so we chat for a while and they told us that they have to walk 20 mins up and down the hill before reaching CTRC, then need to walk another 20 mins back to their minsu since their minsu is located away from the main road. When I heard that I'm so glad that I booked Vienna because I don't think my parent can stand walking up and down the hill for long distance.

Price:
We stayed in 景觀全家福(有陽台), a room with balcony and accommodate 4 person.
Since we traveled to Cingjing during the summer holiday, so the price maybe a bit higher than low peak season. Our package which include a night stay and 2 meals (breakfast and dinner) for 4 pax cost us NTD 3570. But I think this price is reasonable and is the cheapest among all the minsu I mentioned above during the summer holiday.

Room condition:
The room is clean but we find it a bit dam. It may due to the weather since it had been raining for the past few days before I traveled to Cingjing due to the Typhoon which hit Taiwan in the past August. The room is not equipped with air-conditioner but fan is provided. But we find it very cool inside the room especially at night. Since Cingjing is located 1750m above sea level, I don't think air-con is needed. I think the only time fan is needed is when you stay in the room in the afternoon during summer. The only concern when staying in all these minsu especially during winter is whether hot shower is provided to take bath and even washing face. Ya, rooms are equipped with hot shower. Toiletries like shower cap, comb, shower gel, shampoo and towels are provided too. Another good thing about Vienna is that there is a water cooler for the guests to get filtered cold/ hot drinking water. It is so convenient that we don't need to boil our own water to make coffee and cook instant noodles.
But one bad thing about Vienna is that there are mosquitos around Vienna. I'm not sure whether this apply to all the minsu in Cingjing. But I would advise you not to stay outside of the building especially at night. That is the reason why they set the mosquitos net for every room too. If you stay inside the minsu building or room, then this will not be a problem.

Meal:
There are a list of steamboat (beef, lamb or pork with different choice of soup) and set meals (rice, soup, drink, meat with side dishes like bean curd, and 4 vege) to be chosen for dinner. The food arrangement of food is so nice, and we have to take photos of each of them before we eat them. And the food is delicious.
Breakfast was served with a toast, fried egg, hotdog, bacon, a simple salad with vinegar, fruit of the day and drink of your choice. Though it’s a simple breakfast, but it is delicious too. And most important is I found that all the meals served are healthy meal with balanced diet. ^_^ Really unexpected..

Service, Admin and Payment:
I left some messages in the message board in their website regarding the price and walking distance to CTRC, etc...and they responded promptly. Later we contacted through email and I made my booking by paying 50% of the package price using credit card. When I said using credit card, it was not an online payment system but it was simply filling up a form with card holder's name, credit card number (without cvv number) and card holder's signature. The form was then fax/ scan and email to them. At first, I felt unsecure about it too. But later I found that since it was without the CVV number so should be ok. And it is true that it's alright to do that. ^_^

The balance of the payment was make before i checked in. Since our package includes breakfast and dinner, they asked us to choose the type of meal we want from the menu. We also got to buy some discounted ticket to Little Swiss Garden and Green Green Grassland too. So, if you're staying at Vienna, do ask them whether any discounted ticket to the above mentioned place of interest.

Vienna is owned and managed by the owner and family. The owner also has an organic farm where they allow their room guests to visit the farm without any charges. What you need to do is to inform them when you make your booking so that they can arrange the transportation to send you to the farm. Farm visitors are allowed to pluck their own seasonal fruits too during harvesting period, of course you need to pay them by weight. But I think this is a very good experience for both adults and kids. I missed this opportunity since I have only a morning before I check out and I decided to visit Green Green Grassland. But I'll surely visit Cingjing again and visit the farm. ^_^

The owner is so helpful and friendly that he even offered to sent us to the Green Green Grassland.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
17 Thank livien

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first