“Good place for kid and youth which like the theme park”

Formosan Aboriginal Culture Village
Ranked #7 of 280 things to do in Nantou
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Formosa Aboriginal Cultural Village has the largest outdoor museum in Taiwan dedicated to displaying the traditional homes and architecture of Taiwanese indigenous tribes. The nine villages are arrayed over an expansive section of hillside to give visitors a feel of what native Taiwanese villages looked like so many years ago. All buildings were reconstructed based on fieldwork research and blueprints drawn up by anthropologists in the 1930s and 40s.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children, Stroller parking, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed June 18, 2014

basically, it is a similiar theme park for kids and teenagers.
Also there are some great Aboriginal shows.
Unfortunely i went on raining day and many facilities were close and I can't enjoy much in the FACV.

All reviews
"interesting place"
in 8 reviews
"ropeway station"

Reviewed May 13, 2014

My friend told me "you must visit Formosan Aboriginal Culture Village, it's a great place". Ok,noted. After visited Sun Moon Lake, then we decided to visit it, it's about 3pm at those time.
Once we arrived that we surprised. WHAT?? it's a themepark... Our friend didn't mention about themepark at all...
It's already afternoon those times and drizzle...So cloudy...
Overall, I like the situation, a new ambience for a themepark, feels like in the jungle with clean version.. Also there's cable car inside this themepark.Really helpfull...Unfortunately we came in wrong time and wrong , hence not many visitors we've met. So empty...And most of the attraction was closed.
Definitely must come here again in right time and right wheather when I visit Taiwan next time.
Guys, if you plan to visit this place, come in the morning and hopefully in a good weather.
Would be a fun place you'll get ^^

Reviewed May 7, 2014

If you expect to see something like an open air museum or park for aboriginal culture you will be disappointed: it is a fun and amusement park. With kids you can easily spend a whole day in the park.

1  Thank Walter1945
Reviewed April 15, 2014

A pleasant and enjoyable place with lots of aboriginal culture. Numerous aboriginals tribe and the culture is very well presented through shows and villages. It is very informative and well planned. I found that it is very educational and I have learned a lot about aborigines tribe by just visiting this place.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

There are two parts to this park, upon entering there is a large portion dedicated to presenting info on the aboriginal tribes of Taiwan. The show was ok- my two young children and husband enjoyed it. I felt it was just ok but agree that the dancers did put in a lot of zest in their performances. One thing to note is that the snack bars/restaurants are v sparse so it would be good to have some snacks with you.
The park was very serene and is a nice place to walk but I didn't enjoy it much as I forgot to bring our stroller and had to carry my heavy child who refused to walk.

There is quite a long walk down slope to the amusement park area. This part is quite suitable for young children and my 3 yo and 1 yo enjoyed numerous rides on the carousel, flying rides and train rides. This part is indoor.

Walking further down leads to an English garden that looks nice and also strange. There is a train that one can ride on and it's fun for young children too.

We entered this English park towards the end of the day so we were treated to a farewell dance which was q a pleasant experience.

Overall it is a reasonably satisfactory way to spend a day.

2  Thank ashspark