Maya
  • Breakfast included
The Last House(Tangalle)
Coco Tangalla(Tangalle)
View Hotel
All reviewspaddy fieldsshaped poolstyle dinnerhis teamamazing yogastunning villasri lankapeaceful retreatyoga pavilionhuge gardensouthern coastwild peacocksperfect settingthe main houseperfect place to relaxegg hoppersour honeymoon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 21, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed for just two nights not knowing beforehand quite how wonderful the place is, if we didn't have a full itinerary we certainly would have stayed on! It was her birthday and once we had settled in, had a dip in the pool and a G&T over looking the imaculate garden, the team at Maya had prepared a delicious private birthday dinner, and even a surprise birthday cake (which happend to be the best chocolate cake either of us have ever tried!). The property and rooms are immaculate and very tastefully designed, and the pool is fantastic and long enough to do my lengths in the mornings. From our arrival to when we left we were looked after fantastically, and will certainly try to stay again some time soon.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great. The four poster beds in the Main house make for a better mosquito net set-up, personally I thought the Thekka Suite looked best.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Fab-Ceri
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I went to Maya for a romantic dinner, and this place was just perfect : very nice restaurant, you are in the middle of a big garden, nature is everywhere. Frogs and other sweety sounds are with you. It is very beautiful and peaceful.
The food was just perfect, very good and the staff is very helpful and nice.
I see the room, they are very luxury and nice, next time I stay there to sleep !
I strongly recommand this place.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tongsetsrilanka
Reviewed November 18, 2012

In the middle of nowhere about 30 minutes off the southern coast of Sri Lanka lies this absolutely beautiful place. We stayed for three nights in the old house that has nicely appointed large rooms. The place is managed by Perera and his team and they go to any length to accommodate any needs you might have. It is a bit of a drive from the Colombo airport but it is well worth it when you arrive. The food is good and if you have any special requests they are sure to do what they can to serve you what you like.
It is a truly peaceful place if you want to get away from everything. There is a relatively large swimming pool as well considering that there are very few rooms. It becomes quite intimate with the other guests since all meals are served at the same table. We were lucky to stay there with a wonderful british family but my guess is if you don't get along with the other guests it could be slightly uncomfortable. Other than that there is nothing to fault at this place and we really hope that we get a chance to come back there again.

Room Tip: Stay in the old house.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ABjork
Reviewed July 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed here in April for 3 nights on our Honeymoon. Thought I'd keep this as a short review:
Upside: The most incredible food, lovely scenery, beautifully impressive rooms with comfortable beds and attention to detail, good library and lounge areas. Oh and I just loved the cinnamon oil they lit in the evening whilst your eating dinner -I've been trying to recreate this at home with no luck!
Downside: Slightly further away from Tangalle than I had predicted, oh and with such warm weather the pool was not so refreshing at the time.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Julia_Hay85
Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

Actually didn't stay here but had dinner one night in the pavilion. There were no guests so looked at all the rooms. Place has been beautifully renovated and looks luxurious. The meal was the best food we have had in Sri Lanka - impressive! Difficult location to find but on the upside quiet and a pretty setting in amongst the rice paddies. About 15 mins to Tangalle.

• Stayed: May 2012