“Excellent! It's very good for the money.”

Lagoon Paradise Beach Resort
Ranked #12 of 140 Specialty Lodging in Tangalle
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This place offers a beautiful Swimming pool and a beautiful beach. The Deluxe rooms and Kabanas are very clean, neat and luxurious. I would give this Hotel 5 Stars Overall if the food was a bit tastier. Overall the food was good and if it is better if it got somewhat better. For someone who want to go on a trip don't think twice! Directly go to this hotel. You will realise this as a paradise.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Mohammed I
Lagoonparadise, General Manager at Lagoon Paradise Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear guest,

Greetings from Lagoon Paradise Beach Resort!

I thank you very much for taking your time to write about your wonderful stay at our resort and it has been our pleasure in offering you the star class service and making sure you have a memorable stay .

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed the breathtaking views of the ocean and had a wonderful time. Your complements to the staff were already conveyed .

It was a pleasure looking after you. On behalf of the entire Lagoon Paradise Beach Resort , Tangalle team I look forward to welcoming you back and remain.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

we had booked this place because of the situation on a beautiful beach. when we got there it seemed empty of guests so imagine our disappointment when they put us in a little chalet that was dark and dreary and resembled a prison cell. we spoke to one of the staff about it but nothing was done. the restaurant staff were lovely but i felt they were afraid to take our complaint any further. we just decided to move on to ella from there as i couldn't sleep in the dreary drab room that smelt like it had never been cleaned properly.

Room Tip: make sure you book a room in the actual hotel itself and dont settle for a chalet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank magsdfuff
LagoonParadis, General Manager at Lagoon Paradise Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear guest,

Greetings from Lagoon Paradise Beach Resort !

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent visit to Lagoon Paradise Beach Resort,Tangalle.

Your feedback is important to ensure that we continually deliver the ultimate experience Lagoon Paradise Beach Resort is renowned for and exceed your expectations for future visits. At the same time, I was concerned to read that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations.

This is most unfortunate I do hope that your chosen travel options were more positively suited.

I have noted your overall experience and feedback regarding your disappointment over the lack of comfort of the accommodation in the Chalets.Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused in this respect. Please note that I have personally passed your concerns to the concerned members of the team in order to review our facilities to ensure that we only deliver and extend to our guests the ultimate quality of service they deserve.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback and thereby giving us the opportunity to enhance our service quality. I do hope that this incident will not deter you from visiting Lagoon Paradise Beach Resort, Tangalle in the future and you will allow us the opportunity to restore your confidence in the ultimate hospitality the hotel is renowned for.

Priyantha Kasthiriarachchi

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Maybe it is a Sri Lankan thing, but we have been fortunate to meet some of the warmest people during our visit to this colourful isle, and the staff at Lagoon Paradise are no exception.

I'll be straightforward; the rooms are basic, food was ok and there are a few touch ups needed. Like no blankets in the rooms, only a sheet to sleep under, no proper beach towels available at the pool (great pool though!) or beach you need to ask at reception. No tea/coffee in the room...i can go on but i think you get the idea...small things.

Having said that, these small deficiencies didn't taint our visit....Maybe it was the lovely beach, fantastic pool or the staff that who were happy to try their best to make our stay enjoyable. That is not so unusual, what was refreshing was how then Lagoon Paradise team seemed to derive real joy out of improving our experience. They went above and beyond for example; one gentleman came to call us (after 21:00) to tell us there was a turtle nesting on the beach and then guided us to the scene...he was off duty at the time.

And that level of service is rare, and we encountered it with all the staff.   We wanted relaxation in a beautiful and unpretentious setting and thats exactly what we got at Lagoon Paradise.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank QuadCacher
LagoonParadis, General Manager at Lagoon Paradise Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear valued guest,

Greetings from Lagoon Paradise Beach Resort, Tangalle!

We thank you very much for taking your time to write us and they are highly appreciated and taken in to immediate consideration and necessary training were reinforced to the staff to ensure a quality service and make sure to deliver you the best Hospitality experience at Lagoon Paradise Beach Resort, Tangalle.

Please accept my apology on the inconvenience caused and our feedback is very important to us – obviously it is the only way we can continuously improve our standards and service.

Since the Resort is at its rapid development stage I assure we will place blankets ,duvets and to bring more luxury to the each room category. I am sure you will be able to experience a whole new stay at Lagoon Paradise Beach Resorts with your next stay once the renovations are taken place.

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed the breathtaking views of the ocean and had a wonderful time in the sun bath. Your complements to the staff were already conveyed .

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Upon arriving here with big expectations and a fairly sick wife, we discovered that the room offered was old and mouldy, big in size but the smell was over powering and the thought of sleeping in it not nice.
Upon telling management, he didn't seem to care, just offering us a better newer room for far more money.
We said that we would move on and even though we had not touched anything, said we have to pay the full price, very disappointing!
The kids loved the pool for the couple of hours we stayed and that's the only reason I didn't rate it terrible.
It's also a long way from anywhere.
Give it a miss

Room Tip: Ask about price for new rooms or you will be disappointed
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Maddijett
Lagoonparadise, General Manager at Lagoon Paradise Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear guest,

Greetings from Lagoon Paradise Beach Resort!

We thank you very much for taking your time to write us your feedback on your recent stay with us.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the unfortunate incident caused This is certainly not the level of service we are known for and can fully understand your disappointment concerning the same. Please note that I have personally passed your feedback to the department heads concerned in order to review our processes and procedures in order to avoid a re occurrence in the future.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor and thereby giving us the opportunity to enhance our service quality.

I do hope that this incident will not deter you from visiting Lagoon Paradise Beach Resort in the future and you will allow us the opportunity to restore your confidence in the ultimate hospitality the hotel is renowned for.

I also wish to express my hope in welcoming you back so that we may demonstrate to you our commitment to creating an unparalleled Lagoon Paradise Beach Resort experience.

Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

After reading the generally positive feedback my boyfriend and I arrived at lagoon paradise resort with the intention of staying for a few days. Unfortunately we were shown a room which had a mosquito infestation - literally hundreds in the bathroom including many dead on the floor. When we raised this concern they did not apologise in fact they seemed not to care and instead showed us to rooms which were double the price as an alternative. The resort was almost empty and felt very deserted - I understand it was low season so perhaps in high season the staff are more attentive and there would be a better vibe but if you are considering this an option on low season I would think of going elsewhere as it seems overpriced and unkept. We chose to move further down the beach to ganesh gardens which was much better value although no swimming pool.

• Stayed: June 2013
LagoonParadis, General Manager at Lagoon Paradise Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Dear Carly J Lewis

Greetings from Lagoon Paradise Beach Resort, Tangalle,

We thank you very much for time taken to write to us indeed your feedback is most welcomed and appreciated.

My sincere apology on the unfortunate incident taken place and necessary actions were taken to avoid such instances in the future to provide a better ,memorable stay with us at Lagoon Paradise Beach Resorts.

I am very concerned to read your feedback about the incident . This is certainly not our usual standard. We have reinforced training to ensure occurrences like this are not repeated.

In fact I have clearly referred to the the guest registration history and obviously I came across that yours was just a quick visit and you have not actually purchased a room and occupied any of the rooms with us . Yes, it was a quite a busy day at Lagoon Paradise Beach Resort and we did not have any other optional rooms to offer you . Hope , you clearly understood the occupancy situation .

Look forward to welcoming you at Lagoon Paradise Beach Resorts with your next stay in Sri Lanka and I am sure you will experience a far better stay with us .

You will be most welcomed and team is thrilled to offer you the most courteous , impeccable service to make your stay remembered .

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I arrived there with a driver that I also hired based on the Tripadvisor board members review. He brought me there and after a short overview of the place I immediately liked it. After haggling a bit with the guys at the reception I got a good price. The guys were absolutely awesome, friendly and a lot of fun. Rukmal, at the reception desk helped me with all my queries and arranged tuk tuks and turtle watching, he also has a great sense of humor and we had a couple of good laughs! He was very nice to me and my GF. We were always late for breakfast, but we never got a negative look or comment.
At the Crocodile Restaurant that is a part of this Hotel, a waiter Lakmal was catering to all our needs and I've never met such a nice and serviceable person. In general, all the stuff working there were very, very friendly and nice. We've had the best lobster of our lives in the Crocodile restaurant. It's right on the beach and has amazing sunsets. It's literally 4 meters away from the ocean. You just sit there with a passion fruit mojito and enjoy the sunset and the waves.
I only planned to stay there for two days, but my GF and I so loved it there, so we decided to stay two more days. We weren't disappointed! The stay in this hotel was one of the best and relaxing experiences in my life. The stuff is soooo friendly, catering to all our needs that it was difficult to leave this place :)
Highly recommended!

Room Tip: We were in a Delux room by the pool. 10 meters away from the pool. Very nice big and clean room with...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JohnSmithSA

Dear John Smith

We thank you for the beautiful pictures and review of your experience at Lagoon Paradise Beach Resorts , Tangalle. It has been our absolute pleasure in delivering you a great service and make your stay with us enjoyable and memorable.

We appreciate the time taken to write a review and I’m thrilled to hear that your Dining experience at Big Crocodile beach restaurant and your stay in the hotel were both positive and memorable.

Yes indeed we have conveyed the message to courteous Rukmal and Lakmal . yes they are all naturally great hosts.

I am sure you shall make your next journey soon down to our Resort and enjoy your favorite Lobster dishes again .

While we pride ourselves on providing a pleasant experiences at great value, our focus remains with offering quality . Rest assured we stand behind both the quality and value of all we offer.

We hope we have the pleasure of seeing you again at Lagoon Paradise Beach Resorts where you are always welcomed and fondly remembered.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We booked here for just two nights (worried by some negative reviews) but ended up staying four nights. The location is superb. Fabulous swimming pool, beautiful lagoon, nice gardens, stunning beach. The new deluxe rooms are spacious, clean and very comfortable. Where it drops two stars in my view is that it lacks 'charm'. The main restaurant is soul-less, plays bad music through a bad audio system all day, and the staff seem demoralised and disinterested - not the motivated and friendly crew you find in most Sri Lankan hotels in this price bracket. The 'Crocadile' beach bar/restaurant is far better with stunning sea views, lovely breeze, and excellent free wifi. But the food in both restaurants, while great value, is boring and bland - produced by a cook not a chef. Don't worry about reports of it being a construction site - while reception is in a shed, and there's a new block being built, you don't notice it once you are through the entrance. When the new rooms are finished, however, I guess the place will feel more crowded. As the name impiles - beach resort, not boutique. Especially good if you have ypoung kids. Its success will be down to whether the (invisible) management can raise the standards and morale of the staff. Does that sound negative? I repeat - we booked for two days, and stayed four. It's a stunning spot. Be sure to eat at the candle-lit seafood shack on the beach five minutes walk away for simple but delicious grilled fish/prawns/calamari etc with the best subtly spicy potoatoes I have ever eaten.

Room Tip: Go for Deluxe room overllooking pool in new block if you need aircon and hot water. The cabanas look...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Twojackets

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Lagoon Paradise Beach Resort, Tangalle! Thank you for your comments, they are always appreciated and highly considered.

I’m sincerely sorry to hear that your dining experience was tarnished by such an unfortunate incident.

Your constructive comments raised have been taken on board and are currently being looked into internally. We are not always perfect but we do strive for excellence, so the points you have raised have been closely considered and revisited, with the appropriate actions taken, to ensure we continue our pursuit of those closely held goals.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Lagoon Paradise Beach Resort , Tangalle in the future and confident an updated and fresh critique and review of our services will prove more positive.

Yours sincerely,