This was a beautiful place - we had requested a dwelling in the paddy fields and it was a stunning setting. The interiors are of a very high quality.
We sat in the lounge area of the main block before dinner each evening and watched a breathtaking display of fruit bats flying from their roosts
Food in the restuarant was of a very high standard and staff were very friendly. It was a shame we were the only guests on the first of our nights there but there were another 4 groups of guests on our second night.. It was good to be in a vehicle free area (except for the buggies which transport guests around the place).
The wildlife referred to by other reviewers was absolutely wonderful and the staff were most helpful in both pointing out and identifying the various species of birds.
This hotel deserves all the praise it has been given.
We wished we had booked more time at Vil Uyana.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Infused with eco friendly, sustainable modern design, Jetwing Vil Uyana is nestled deep in the heart of the island paradise of Sri Lanka incorporating five main ecological zones from forests to marshes. It is a retreat perfect for tranquility seekers or for those who wish to be close to the island's rich array of flora and fauna. The challenge of introducing a wetland system on reclaimed agricultural lands provides the unique backdrop for this exciting property. A strong 'back to nature' theme pervades your every moment at Jetwing Vil Uyana and the uniqueness of the experience is unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Jetwing Vil Uyana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jetwing Vil Uyana Sigiriya
- Jetwing Vil Uyana Hotel Sigiriya