Let me begin by saying this resort is so unique, I would recommend staying there. The bungalows are well designed and beautifully furnished. The public areas are wonderful, with an infinity pool, open designed library and comfortable dining area. The lagoon and marshlands provide an interesting backdrop with plenty of bird life and a resident crocodile which we saw trawling across the lake on sunset. The resort is located close to the landmarks in the area particularly the spectacular, Sigiriya Rock which is a must see.
This is something of an eco-resort and so there were a few frustrations. The toilet stopped working properly and despite attempts to fix it, wasn't in working order by the time we left. Internet was unreliable in the room but seemed fine in the public areas. The distances between the bungalows and public areas vary. We walked most of the time but there are golf carts that will pick you up and take you to other locations within the resort. Service was generally very good. This is not a cheap accommodation option. We chose the half board option and were very pleased we did because there simply aren't very many other dining places in the surrounding area.
So, in summary, it was a good experience. Some tourists from Europe may go into heart spasms at the plentiful supply of bugs in the area - cockroaches, Mosquitos, flies, snakes, crocodiles etc. but as Aussies this was not a big deal. I have read reviews from some others that complain about the mozzies but they weren't a problem during our stay at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Infused with eco friendly, sustainable modern design, Jetwing Vil Uyana is nestled deep in the heart of the island paradise of Sri Lanka incorporating five main ecological zones from forests to marshes. It is a retreat perfect for tranquility seekers or for those who wish to be close to the island’s rich array of flora and fauna. The challenge of introducing a wetland system on reclaimed agricultural lands provides the unique backdrop for this exciting property. A strong ‘back to nature’ theme pervades your every moment at Jetwing Vil Uyana and the uniqueness of the experience is unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Jetwing Vil Uyana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jetwing Vil Uyana Sigiriya
- Jetwing Vil Uyana Hotel Sigiriya