We stayed in a forest lodge with two floors and a pool which was absolute luxury to return to after a long hot day out. The lower floor, although partially roofed for privacy was in the open with it's own pond, mini beach, large stone bath, twin washbasins, shower and toilet as well as cushioned seating area. The upper floor held the large air conditioned bedroom with balcony and ensuite. What a pleasant surprise! A short walk from the lodge (lit path) led to the the main hotel facilities which were equally pleasant and surprising with beautiful pillars and other design features in an open style with an infinity pool overlooking a large pond giving the place an overall feeling of tranquility and relaxation. The bed was extremely comfortable and we had a great nights sleep every night. The pool attendant came quietly every morning to make sure it was clean and it was a thrill to spot wildlife such as red kites and a humming bird on the premises as well as various butterflies, other birds and chip monks about the surrounding trees. You have to accept that it is hot outdoors and so dinner will feel really warm (although they have a few electric fans for your comfort). You also have to accept that this hotel is out in the wild and so there will be a few insects and little lizards etc. in your open areas. All the staff were very friendly and helpful and genuinely keen that we had a good time. The quality of food was very good with a lot of work going into the presentation as much as the taste. There was always a large basket of various breads with each meal. Breakfast was varied and of great quality with lovely fruit and another large basket of breads and pastries included along with whatever you chose from an extensive cooked or continental menu. We were very well looked after and felt that this hotel deserved it's membership of the small luxury hotels of the world. On reflection, this was the first and the best hotel we stayed at in Sri Lanka. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel for a feeling of luxury and complete relaxation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Infused with eco friendly, sustainable modern design, Jetwing Vil Uyana is nestled deep in the heart of the island paradise of Sri Lanka incorporating five main ecological zones from forests to marshes. It is a retreat perfect for tranquility seekers or for those who wish to be close to the island's rich array of flora and fauna. The challenge of introducing a wetland system on reclaimed agricultural lands provides the unique backdrop for this exciting property. A strong 'back to nature' theme pervades your every moment at Jetwing Vil Uyana and the uniqueness of the experience is unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Prestigia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Jetwing Vil Uyana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jetwing Vil Uyana Sigiriya
- Jetwing Vil Uyana Hotel Sigiriya