“Avoid Eden Garden”
Review of Eden Garden Hotel

Eden Garden Hotel
Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Sigiriya
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We stayed in Hotel Eden Garden one night. We arrived late in Sigiriya and had to find a room quickly. A reservation in another hotel fell through, so we settled on a "deluxe" room at Eden Garden. There was nothing deluxe about it. Mold on the shower walls, no wi fi in the room, a box springs but no mattress.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights with my wife.

* Hard bed. Felt like sleeping on a large piece of rock.
* Bathroom was not even painted. It was plastered with cement and left as is.
* Toilet commode was shaking and was not fixed properly to the ground. Always had the feeling that it might break.
* Rooms have a big glass window right next to the door. The curtains provided do not cover this glass window entirely and hence anyway walking outside the room can easily see the insides of the room.
* Dining is excellent and the staff are attentive and extremely courteous. The only positive experience with this hotel.

My suggestion: Avoid this place. I stayed in a Deluxe room and still had a horrible experience. There are many other better options available in Sigiriya for accommodation.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I stayed for 2 nights, rooms were pretty big and the staff were pleasant and helpful. I was with 3 other people, and we tended to stay after the bar closed (at about 10pm), although we could no longer order drinks they allowed us to stay in the dining area. The pool was a good plus however the food left a little to desire.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

We stayed fot 1 night to visit the Sigiriya rock fortress room are plain but staff ate friendly, food is nice, pool is ok.......so overall we loved it as a diffent experience...... we like to go back again

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dr_Khaled_72
Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

Loose rocking taps, doors that stick, bathrooms that smell of damp and strangely sprung mattresses in dimly lit rooms. The food is a poor average but the flunkiness is up to standard and there's a nice enough pool.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed three nights at this hotel and agree with some of the negative comments but was overall happy with my stay. Maybe it's because the hotel wasn't full due to the rainy season, but I found the service lovely and caring. On my last night I started being ill and they promptly brought me the four extra blankets I requested.
I'm surprised about reviews mentioning dirty old rooms as mine was relatively new, spotless and cleaned every day. It was a bit barren but comfortable enough, with a large closet and modern bathroom equipment. The shower did have leaky joints but it worked fine and was warm. The food was overpriced and the buffet was particularly mediocre with virtually no green vegetables (badly cooked aubergines). I ordered prawns the next day and they were okay, even if quite expensive too for this country. On the negative side, the bedding was not very comfortable (I could feel the springs in my back), conversations by loud people in the courtyard below me echoed everywhere and kept me awake one night. But overall I enjoyed my stay and the staff was very accommodating.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ploumParis
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Spent the first two nights of our 3-weeks tour of Sri Lanka (couple + 2 teenagers) in a family room with A/C on 1st floor.

We quite enjoyed the place, including the swimming pool. Definitely the best quality/price ratio of the whole tour (maybe because we received a good price via our driver).

One of our nice records is the local wedding that took place in the hotel on the second day. We quite enjoyed the company.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family