All reviewslovely familyguest housetuk tukthe ownersigiriya rocksri lankaexcellent hoststwo nightshome cookedrice and currymiltonguesthousepolonnaruwaaccommodationmilsomselephantssafari
Reviewed December 7, 2017

We spent a night here and I cannot fault the place. The rooms - especially those in the separate block - are absolutely delightful. Spacious, clean and bright. Upon our request an excellent dinner was provided in the evening and the management went out of their way to ensure we were comfortable. Breakfast the following morning was just a culinary delight.

After checking out we headed for Sigiriya and while there I realised that I had left my brand new Kindle in the room! I was just getting ready to call them when Milton, the owner, suddenly materialised in front of me, Kindle in hand. To say that he went to a great deal of effort to find us is an understatement. He checked all the car parks until he recognised my car. THAT's what I call service, and with a smile to boot!

Room Tip: The separate block away from the main area - quiet, peaceful (apart from the peacocks!) and great views.
  • Stayed: December 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 16, 2017

We stayed here for three nights and were made to feel very welcome. The room was spacious with two queens size and one single bed. Rates very reasonable. Service was excellent. Breakfast was delicious and dinner available upon request. Wifi is not great but it's not great anywhere in Sigirya.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2017 via mobile

As walk in customers we agreed on a nightly rate with the owners, we indicated that we may stay for two nights. At breakfast after the first night we had decided to move on to the east coast. Informing the hosts of this, the mood from the hosts change dramatially. We were packing up to go, a knock at the door and a bill was presented to us. 2000 rupees more than our agreed price.
We were told that we promised two nights and have done them out of a days business for the room.  We only payed (after some heated talk ) the first price and then left.
Its pretty sad and intimidating when this happens at a guest house.
A word of thought to travelers ( Beware!! ).
As far as the room goes, I couldn't get comfortable all night because the pillows are rock hard and way too thick. The water in the bathroom is so hot at times that you almost burn yourself, even on the cold setting.
They also seem to have quite regular power cuts (with no generator to back it up) so that you can't use the air conditioning. And it is hot in Sigiriya, very hot.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2017

I would definitely recommend staying here if you are planning on staying in Sigiryia. It is an excellent family run B&B. The rooms are comfortable. The breakfast is delicious. The family can also cook you dinner too at an extra cost, which we had one night and it was very good. Milton and his family made us feel so welcome and comfortable in their home.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2017

Milton, the manager, and his family are very friendly. The guest house is located in lovely gardens with lots of bird life around but is quiet and conveniently located for visits to the Rock and for public transport. Evening meals, Sri Lankan curries, were excellent and better than anything we had in the village. Milton was also very knowledgeable about the local bird life.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple