Overall a okey place to stay at, actually enjoyed it as you live in small treehouses above the ground.
* Friendly staff
* Good food and dining area
* Pretty close to Lion's rock (but still need to take a cab)
* Low water pressure in the shower
* The sheets and the mosquitonet smelled damp
* A few bugs were able to make it into the room, but not a big problem (not so many)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thick Forest Sigiriya is a unique tree house hotel over looking the eighth wonder of the world, sigiriya rock castle, in Sri Lanka. It is situated at the centre of three, mostly visited ancient cities, Anuradhapura, Polonnaruwa & kandy.Minneriya & Kawudulla National parks are renowned as the best places to observe the wild elephants in their natural habitat, and it's a few minute drive from 'Thick Forest'. Wild Safaris, Bird watching, Elephant rides,Guided tour to Sigiriya Rock Castle and surrounding archaeologically important places are among many other activities which can be arranged to suit the need of the visitor.Sri Lankan cuisine made by our chef is served at the roof-top restaurant overlooking the Sigiriya rock. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Thick Forest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thick Forest Hotel Sigiriya