“Just a pity about the service. ”

Wijesiri Family Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 80 Restaurants in Sigiriya
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This would have been a 5-star review had the service been a little more attentive.
My partner managed to spill a glass of water across the table and we were left to mop up ourselves. No help or cloth were offered. Our dessert was also served while our main course plates were still on the table. We had to ask the waiter to take them away.
All of that said, the food is great. Hands down, the best pumpkin curry and dahl I have had in Sri Lanka. The chef’s heart clearly wasn’t in the chicken curry though. Lol. It was a tad bland. But I get it. Vegetarian dishes are the big thing in Sri Lanka, so best we be thankful that us carnivores still get to have some meat protein :)
Definitely one of the better restaurants in the little Sigiriya strip. And the family who run it also own the curio shop next door. So after your dinner, or lunch, head in there and buy one of the carvings they’ve made.

1  Thank ATB1WP
Write a reviewReviews (424)

Reviewed August 10, 2019 via mobile

We had dinner here twice during our stay in Sigiryia. Once we had vegetarian ans fish curry and the other time we had kottu rotti. The food was fresh and decent but not the most tasty we had in Sri Lanka. The fish wasn't so fresh. But decent food overall. Restaurant is located on the main street, the prices are average and they serve alcohol too.

Date of visit: April 2019
1  Thank travelisair
Reviewed August 9, 2019 via mobile

We had the pleasure to eat here with 3 friends.
Not only the food was amazing and the service too, but these people literally saved our holidays! We forgot our backpack there and we came back after 1hr to pick it up. Everything was there untouched!
Thank you guys!
Amazing!

1  Thank Fredd717
Reviewed August 6, 2019

This is the best restaurant in sigiriya,We never eat kotthu roti before,today we come this restaurant for dinner,Place is OK,But Food is Marvelous,Wonderful food paradise.Don't miss this place,We love this place.We recommended this place with 5 stars..Best in sigiriya.Not like other place.

Reviewed August 6, 2019

I’m from Barcelona and I really love curry and trying new food and believe me when I say that you don’t have to miss this restaurant. Most beautiful and delicious special local food. Dhal curry was simply fabulous!! They serve it with different types of curries, we tried tuna fish and chicken... both delicious!! And papadum and coconut samble was definitely great. The restaurant is also full of recommendations written by tourists... like me!!! I will definitely comeback!!!