This hotel complex is located down a dirt road away from the local settlement. There is a separate reception building, an open ended bar/ restaurant and Ayurveda massage. The rooms are individual square blocks along tree- lined paths. There is a wonderful view of Lion Rock from here which is particularly good early evening as the light catches it.
Rooms are massive with a very wide bed, lots of storage, desk etc. the rooms have air con and a rotating fan. The bathroom is similarly large with the shower open to the sky (there is a net over to stop insects getting in); nice way to get a shower. Everything was very neat and clean.
The spa has Ayurveda massages and worth treating yourself at; I was served ginger tea whilst waiting. It's very strong so make sure you add some jaggry (Palm sugar).
The food is very good, evening meals are buffet style like many Sri Lankan accommodations. A number of starters including one evening the famous hoppers (a bowl shaped pancake really). Both nights we stayed there were a big variety of meat and vegetable curry dishes which were delicious. I don't normally go for the puddings but have to mention the sago (brings back childhood memories) and Omali pudding - their version of bread and butter. Delicious the lot of it.
There is a decent sized swimming pool with the view to Lion Rock.
Staff are very friendly and helpful. Don't be put of by it being down a track; I had a pleasant walk and saw lots of local life.
We would definitely recommend Kassapa Lion Rock as a place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An ideally located hotel situated facing the magnificent Sigiriya rock in the midst of a small village named Digampathaha. It is located just 20 minutes from the beautiful and ever famous town of Dambulla. A short 15 kilometer drive towards Habarana and you will be in Digampathaha. A turn to your right and in 5 minutes you'll be in the most scenic location in the area. Kassapa Lions Rock is an ideal base from which you can explore all the historical sites such as Anuradhapura, Polonnaruwa, Sigiriya, and Dambulla . Only hotel in the area with two swimming pools. Wi -Fi Facility is available ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your Kassapa Lions Rock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kassapa Lions Rock Hotel Sigiriya
- Kassapa Lions Rock Dambulla