We came straight here off the plane from England after a three hour drive from airport stayed three nights. Nice separate villa/chalets, clean and roomy with large bathroom/shower room.. Nice gardens, lovely swimming pool, has own little rice paddy field. Buffet restaurant with Sri Lankan and continental food all very nice, loved the dhal. Very reasonable prices, nice staff. Lots of birds including peacocks plus loads of cheeky chipmunks ! Great base for Sigiriya, Pollonoruwa, etc. Small problem was bed as the wooden slats under mattress had shrunk and warped a bit so a bit noisy when moving. However I didnt even bother to complain just adjusted them myself although I am sure they would have fixed if I asked. ( Dont forget we are talking approx. three star not luxury hotel ). Would recommend and would go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An ideally located hotel situated facing the magnificent Sigiriya rock in the midst of a small village named Digampathaha. It is located just 20 minutes from the beautiful and ever famous town of Dambulla. A short 15 kilometer drive towards Habarana and you will be in Digampathaha. A turn to your right and in 5 minutes you'll be in the most scenic location in the area. Kassapa Lions Rock is an ideal base from which you can explore all the historical sites such as Anuradhapura, Polonnaruwa, Sigiriya, and Dambulla . Only hotel in the area with two swimming pools. Wi -Fi Facility is available ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kassapa Lions Rock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kassapa Lions Rock Hotel Sigiriya
- Kassapa Lions Rock Dambulla