we just finished our christmas/new year's holiday and stayed for four nights, including new year's eve. the hotel put on a great 2013 party. in fact, i think the neighboring hotels had their guests come ot the hotel for the party. the bungalows are clean, peaceful and the staff are friendly. it's not luxurious but it has a simple, quiet grace to the hotel. but when it rains, it becomes a bit of a swamp, as does a lot of the Sri Lanka countryside. so be warned. we missed the bulk of the rain so only caught one day, but that was enough. Definitely recommend staying, it looked much nicer than nearby hotels or hostels. it is a bit remote. you need a tuk tuk or car for anything, even to go to the nearby town to buy some gum. but tuk tuks are cheap and easy to call. two things to note, make sure to bring bug spray, everything is outdoors so definitely need to keep spraying yourself. you are in a marsh-like environment and need to watch out for the mosquitos. this, however, is something you need to deal with everywhere in Sri Lanka. second, if you want to be connected, bring a mobile hotspot with you. there's no wi-fi in the hotel so having a hotspot was critical. hotel provides a connector for your laptop, but nothing for tablets or phones. we got a chip at the airport that we used as a hotspot for our entire family. that helped make the experience feel less isolating, because you are in the middle of nowhere. but for the sigiriya area, this place was as good as anything i saw. definitely recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An ideally located hotel situated facing the magnificent Sigiriya rock in the midst of a small village named Digampathaha. It is located just 20 minutes from the beautiful and ever famous town of Dambulla. A short 15 kilometer drive towards Habarana and you will be in Digampathaha. A turn to your right and in 5 minutes you'll be in the most scenic location in the area. Kassapa Lions Rock is an ideal base from which you can explore all the historical sites such as Anuradhapura, Polonnaruwa, Sigiriya, and Dambulla . Only hotel in the area with two swimming pools. Wi -Fi Facility is available ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kassapa Lions Rock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kassapa Lions Rock Hotel Sigiriya
- Kassapa Lions Rock Dambulla