We were welcomed upon arrival after a 10 hour flight and a 6 hour road trip with our two children (4 y.o. and a 11 months old). Very welcoming, friendly and eager to help - presenting us with a cool drink and an opportunity to rest in the gardens while they finalised our room. The rooms are private bungalows spread through the garden, all with a porch that has lounge chairs to admire the abundant bird life including a peacock sleeping up a tree! Very relaxing in the pool, by the pool and strolling through the gardens. The restaurant service is excellent, the food a little better than 'Good'. A few reviews said the hotel is out of the way from the main historical areas however if you turn left out of the hill and go along the compact dirt track it is very close - 10 mins to Lions Rock. Overall, wonderful stay and a great way to spend our first two nights in Sri Lanka!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An ideally located hotel situated facing the magnificent Sigiriya rock in the midst of a small village named Digampathaha. It is located just 20 minutes from the beautiful and ever famous town of Dambulla. A short 15 kilometer drive towards Habarana and you will be in Digampathaha. A turn to your right and in 5 minutes you'll be in the most scenic location in the area. Kassapa Lions Rock is an ideal base from which you can explore all the historical sites such as Anuradhapura, Polonnaruwa, Sigiriya, and Dambulla . Only hotel in the area with two swimming pools. Wi -Fi Facility is available ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kassapa Lions Rock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kassapa Lions Rock Hotel Sigiriya
- Kassapa Lions Rock Dambulla