I have recently returned from my 5th two week visit to Kassapa Lions Rock Hotel.
The hotel and staff provide everything that I require for a relaxing and enjoyable holiday. Whenever I visit I am always made to feel welcome and cannot fault the room I am allocated, the restaurant and quality of food, level of service, politeness and helpfulness of all the staff.
The hotel is fairly remote but that is part of its appeal and charm; whenever I have asked appropriate transport has always been found for me should I wish to venture beyond walking distance from the hotel. I would, however, urge visitor's to take the time to explore the local area on foot, or by bicycle, which is available at the hotel, where an equal level of friendliness can be found within the local community.
With the assistance of the hotel management team and staff I have been privileged to be given the opportunity to support to the local community by providing small amounts of funds for local schools, a home for the elderly and some poorer members of the community. The obvious pleasure on the faces of the people I meet and their gratitude for the support I am able to give is so very rewarding.
I have always been impressed by the visibility of the hotel management who are always on hand and readily assist if required to do so. Most evenings the General Manager can be found mingling with, and talking to, fellow guests in the restaurant and bar area. I often read the reviews posted by fellow travellers to Kassapa Lions Rock and whilst I do not know the details or circumstances, other than the reviews I have read, of the very few negative comments posted I can honestly say that I have never experienced anything other than courtesy and politeness, particularly from the General Manager. I would urge fellow travellers, or anyone considering a stay at Kassapa Lions Rock, to read beyond these few comments and to read those from the very many visitors who have enjoyed this hotel as much as I have.
I am most certainly looking forward to the next opportunity that I have to visit Kassapa Lions Rock again!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An ideally located hotel situated facing the magnificent Sigiriya rock in the midst of a small village named Digampathaha. It is located just 20 minutes from the beautiful and ever famous town of Dambulla. A short 15 kilometer drive towards Habarana and you will be in Digampathaha. A turn to your right and in 5 minutes you'll be in the most scenic location in the area. Kassapa Lions Rock is an ideal base from which you can explore all the historical sites such as Anuradhapura, Polonnaruwa, Sigiriya, and Dambulla . Only hotel in the area with two swimming pools. Wi -Fi Facility is available ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kassapa Lions Rock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kassapa Lions Rock Hotel Sigiriya
- Kassapa Lions Rock Dambulla