“Excellent resort , calm and neat...”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Kassapa Lions Rock

Kassapa Lions Rock
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Sigiriya
Bengaluru, India
“Excellent resort , calm and neat...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

this was our second stopover in Srilanka , and kasappa lion rocks was a turner for us we go a villa room very close to the swimming pool . Looking at the layout i was quite not sure on what to expect , the Rooms given to us were excellent and very spacious .

The food at the hotel was very good - buffet style, with plenty of choice.

Our stay here was for 2 days and we loved every bit of it , except for the busy ants which can be easily ignored.

One suggestion would be to add more TV channels .

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

Must be the best 2 star I've stayed in; really nice rooms with open showers, nice pool, view of Sigiriya in the background, good food and great staff.

Hinckley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

We spent 4 nights at this hotel. Although the address states 'Sigiriya' the hotel is in fact quite some way out of the town, almost in the middle of nowhere, so without transport you do have to eat at the hotel. The food at the hotel was very good - buffet style, with plenty of choice.
Nice clean chalets, with open-air bathroom and porch seating area, set in quiet grounds. There is a swimming pool, which looked very inviting, but we never got the time to use it!
There were no electrical adapters in the chalet, so make sure you take your own - be aware that in Sri Lanka you need a small diameter three pin plug (not easy to find in the UK and so we purchased one in Sri Lanka).
The staff were friendly and helpful, however the hotel would not change Sterling, only Euros and American Dollars!!!!! Our driver took us to the Silk shop 5K down the road and they were happy to change our money - where we got a better exchange rate than at the airport!

1 Thank perciwp
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

The hotel was in a great location, just a Tuc Tuc ride to Lion Rock and the staff were excellent. Just make sure you ask them for the number of a decent driver to take you around. Try Kumara [--] who was excellent.

Room standards are very good, have lots of space and new furniture. The hotel grounds are full of wildlife and the pool is excellent.

The only thing that let the hotel down was the lack of WIFI or any internet connection in the rooms.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dubai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2011

Price is too high for the quality of the Hotel. The cottages are in a very quite soroundings and that is one of the positive thing I could say. But for locals I don't see it is a great advantage. There was a very bad smell inside the bathroom and everywhere in the premises probably from the drainage lines. The tap water pressure not adaquites. Towels are damp as mentioned in other comment. Swimming pool is also not adaquate when compared with the number of guest in the Hotel. Food quality is very poor even though some local variety was available. Food items were selected to minimize the cost. I am not happy with Chefs there may be those are trainees or local unqualified "cooks". However the boys available for service are very decent and helpful.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Soursop_lk
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

I have now stayed at Kassapa Lions Rock Hotel on three separate occasions, February, May and July 2011 and am currently arranging a fourth visit!!! Kassapa has become my oasis, my second home in the sun, a place where I can truly relax, on my last visit I stayed for 16 days. From my very first visit to Kassapa I have been greeted with politeness, friendliness and smiles; I have always made to feel welcome. Every member of staff is always willing to stop and talk, ask if there is anything that they can do for me, anything that I need. The manager and his team are always helpful and attentive and appear to work as a “family” – you can ask any member of staff if you need something and if they can’t help themselves they always ensure that they find someone who can.

On my last visit I had the unfortunate need to seek dental treatment; arrangements were promptly and efficiently made for transport to take me to a local dentist. My driver was briefed by the hotel Manager as to what the problem was, where to take me; the driver stayed with me throughout and translated on my behalf.

During my stay in July one of the hotel Director’s visited Kassapa. He took the time to come and speak to me, to ask my views on the service being provided and what it was that made me return to Kassapa. Good customer service is very important in what is a competitive market. In my opinion this demonstrated the wish, from the very top of the organisation, to ensure that the correct level of customer service is being delivered to guests and to take the opportunity to receive feedback. I am sure that it was not as a result of anything that I said to him but a gracious and generous act on his part, as a returning guest, that on my last night I was treated to truly magnificently prepared and presented meal. I was joined by the Manager who took the time to share my meal with me. This was a totally unexpected gesture which I appreciated very much and, again, demonstrates the level of customer care provided by the whole organisation.

Kassapa is set in a rural location and has immense rustic charm. I love to walk and take photographs so it’s the ideal location for me, the countryside and wildlife in and around Kassapa is beautiful. As a female travelling alone in any foreign country it is very important that I feel safe in my environment and that is how I feel whenever I visit Kassapa, not only within the hotel grounds but when I walk. Within the hotel security is excellent, without being obtrusive; there are constant night time patrols within the grounds. I am sure that if I missed a meal, that something were to happen to me whilst I was out walking, hotel staff would notice my absence and act accordingly. I have travelled to over 50 countries worldwide and don’t feel that I could say this of any other hotel that I have stayed in!!

When I go for walks I am able to talk to the local people and have never, in any way felt uncomfortable or threatened. I feel so at home and welcomed that I felt I wanted, in some small way, to put something back into the local community. The staff at Kassapa are very aware of, and part of, the local community; on speaking to the Manager it was suggested that I might like to support the local school. I was assisted by the hotel in purchasing some books, pens etc. which will assist them with their education and taking them to the school. It was only a few small gifts but seeing their happy, smiling faces, was so rewarding and something that I shall always cherish.

Kassapa is a wonderful place to visit, go and see for yourself and, if you are a nature lover like me, go and explore!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

We stayed here for two nights. The rooms are small houses, with a very large bathroom open to the sky.

Comfortable beds.

Staff is very helpfull and friendly. The buffet dinner is quite large and had different local currys and meat and fish. The restaurant is open on three sides, so it utilises the evening breeze.

They have internet through a dongle, so you will need have your own computer with you.

The graden is clean, and there is a small pool to enjoy the sun.

Definitely something to recommend