“A Very Good Stay Indeed”
Review of Hotel Sudu Araliya

Hotel Sudu Araliya
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Polonnaruwa
Reviewed July 21, 2013

When we arrived at this hotel in early july, the wind was blowing strongly from Parakrama Samudra. When we left the next day at lunch time, it was still blowing strongly.
First time i have ever experience such a welcome.

the hotel is good.
the rooms were very pleasantly furbished.
we enjoyed our stay at this place, one of the very few hotels i have been to, that i will rate highly.

the breakfast spread was also good
u have the option to have a sri lankan or western breakfast, sri lankan was what we chose.
we would like to come back and stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed with my wife and daughter at this hotel.I got a beautiful room in the new wing
with a balcony facing the Parakrama Samudraya.It was a large room with well furnished.
The pool and the garden is well maintained and the staff was very kind and polite.
The buffet for Dinner and breakfast was good with plenty of selection.
I will definetely come back once again.
Mrs.Gleny - Keyborough, Victoria, Australia.

Room Tip: New Wing room facing the lake.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Komali K
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We visited to Polonnaruwa because of Vesak Festival and Selected Hotel Sudu Araliya for one Night. Nice Sundown seen with Parakrama samudraya it's very nice view from this hotel. Also have very clean Garden and Restaurant with view of Parakrama samudraya. Hotel staff is very friendly.

Thanks for Delicious and Clean foods.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I stayed with my family in this hotel which is situated in the Bank of Parakrama Samudraya.Delicious food,Clean decorated rooms.Staff incredibly friendly and helpful.Lovely swimming pool.This was a good choice for a break in full day of visiting the archeological site, and at a reasonable price.Great value for money.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dilrukshi P
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This was one of the best hotel experiences I've had in a quite a while!! -- decent quality for a decent price --

The OUTSTANDING part of this hotel - what puts it "head and shoulders above the rest" however is the STAFF!!! They are VERY service oriented -- I was greeted by EVERY member of the staff that I came across -- wished a pleasant day, thanked for staying there etc etc...

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AshaRavi
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We only stayed here one night, rooms large and clean and we had a lovely view over the lake. Pool nice and refreshing large though not many guests so building and pool looked and felt large and empty. Evening meal my son enjoyed the buffet especially the hoppers but very little available for vegetarians, a common theme with many tourist hotels. They had a guitar due playing which was far to loud. Breakfast plentiful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Susan M
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My partner and I didn't stay here but visited to have lunch and use the pool. The rough guide said we could have access to the pool if we bought lunch, our tuktuk driver confirmed this so we went for it. After spending a lot of money on a rather small lunch we headed for the pool. We were given towels & enjoyed half an hour chilling in the pool. Unfourtunately the manager then turned up & demanded we pay 500R each. Even though I showed him our lunch receipt (over 2000R!) he still wanted us to pay. I told him we couldn't (I only had another 500R on me) so he told me to come to the reception to sort it out. Luckily the hotel is big so we just slipped out the side and walked back to our guesthouse!

• Stayed: March 2013