Lowest prices for your stay
$51
View deal
Hotels.com
Priceline
CheapTickets$51
Travelocity$51
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 3, 2016

Spent a night at Mahanuge last week. It is fairly a decent place and value for money, I should say. I found the staff is well mannered and caring too. Outdoor lighting was not enough, especially the in the stairways to the upper rooms.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Lalith W
Reviewed October 22, 2016 via mobile

On my way to Colombo from Baticaloa stop at Mahanuge hotel for late lunch. It was around 3:00 pm and was not expecting much options.

I was surprised the options I was offered for lunch and finally settled with traditional rice and curry.

Serving staff was very professional and try to provide best service. Specially Nilantha.

Thank you fpr the service and all the best.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 10, 2016

Authentic Sri Lankan food. We had the Buffet Lunch and it was excellent. Plenty of parking. Restaurant Manager and the Staff were very friendly and accommodating. My wife requested plain steamed rice and they were more than happy to provide it. We highly recommend this place on your way to Polonnaruwa and Pasikudah.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 29, 2016

The rooms were great: clean and modern facilities. There was a nice pool. However, very few beach beds.
The breakfast was fine, but the dinner was awful. Only Western dishes, which were cold and/ or poorly prepared. When we asked for traditional food, we were told that wasn't possible, but they did serve it to the drivers. Quite a lack of service.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2016 via mobile

Stayed here with my boyfriend as the first leg of our Sri Lanka trip. Saman helped us arrange various parts of our trip including a car to pick us up from the hotel, a jeep for Kaudalla national park and a car onto Arugam Bay. The historic area is about a 10 minute cycle ride away- you have to cycle an extra 5 mins to buy the ticket at the museum. The breakfast buffet was ok - it would have been good to have had the different options explained to us as we now know they had string hoppers on offer (a traditional Sri Lankan breakfast). The best food we had there was rice and curry, it was not actually on the menu- my advice to the hotel is to add it, people come to Sri Lanka to eat Sri Lankan food!

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank I759FGsarahe