Well, it seems finding a decent hotel reasonably priced in Kandy is an issue... well, that's why I picked this one, wrong choice. Remotely located. Big and charmless hotel. Food is terrible (buffet Rs 1,600), mostly guests are western old folks or honeymooners not really demanding on local food, great restaurant if you want scrambled eggs and burger, not for SL or even Indian food. Rooms are noisy and need refurbishment. Staff are grumpy. Internet is chargeable (not in the room, must seat at the concierge desk next to reception.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sweeping green hills, the longest river in the country, misty mornings and the fresh outdoors, are just a few things that naturally come together here to make the perfect holiday. Just 2 1/2 hours from the Sri Lanka's Capital City Colombo, Chaaya Citadel Kandy has reinvented itself taking into account the needs of holidaymakers around the world. Replete with a sense of history, serenity and majesty, the hotel offers guests the opportunity to experience the amazing Kandyan history, the culture and the arts that play a big role in the lives of the Sri Lankans. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cinnamon Citadel Kandy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaaya Citadel Kandy Hotel Kandy
- Chaaya Citadel Hotel Kandy
- Kandy Chaaya Citadel Hotel