Stayed one night here on our tour. Just outside Kandy but not too far away and nicely positioned right on the river with good views of same from the room terrace. Rooms were very comfortable and the hotel has a very nice swimming pool which also overlooks the river. Food (buffet) was absolutely fine but restaurant itself has little atmosphere. Bar area was very pleasant and a good place to relax after a hard days sightseeing. No issues at all but I suspect most people spend one night here whilst touring and that is probably sufficient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sweeping green hills, the longest river in the country, misty mornings and the fresh outdoors, are just a few things that naturally come together here to make the perfect holiday. Just 2 1/2 hours from the Sri Lanka's Capital City Colombo, Chaaya Citadel Kandy has reinvented itself taking into account the needs of holidaymakers around the world. Replete with a sense of history, serenity and majesty, the hotel offers guests the opportunity to experience the amazing Kandyan history, the culture and the arts that play a big role in the lives of the Sri Lankans. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, ACCOR, Priceline, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cinnamon Citadel Kandy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaaya Citadel Kandy Hotel Kandy
- Chaaya Citadel Hotel Kandy
- Kandy Chaaya Citadel Hotel