This is a great place to relax and enjoy just chilling out. The food is great with both Breakfast and Dinner buffet with plenty of choice, both Sri Lankan food, and western.The staff are friendly without being "in your face" and nothing was too much trouble. Rooms are more than adequate with comfortable bed (double) and a good shower. There was some live music in the evening, but nothing loud or invasive. Decent choice of drinks at the Bar. Lunch menu looked good, but disappointed with the food, as did not seem at the same standard as other meals (other than the soup). We will happily recommend the hotel, and hope to stay here again when we are planning to take our next visit to the country in a year or so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sweeping green hills, the longest river in the country, misty mornings and the fresh outdoors, are just a few things that naturally come together here to make the perfect holiday. Just 2 1/2 hours from the Sri Lanka's Capital City Colombo, Chaaya Citadel Kandy has reinvented itself taking into account the needs of holidaymakers around the world. Replete with a sense of history, serenity and majesty, the hotel offers guests the opportunity to experience the amazing Kandyan history, the culture and the arts that play a big role in the lives of the Sri Lankans. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cinnamon Citadel Kandy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaaya Citadel Kandy Hotel Kandy
- Chaaya Citadel Hotel Kandy
- Kandy Chaaya Citadel Hotel