A solid safe and reasonable hotel, set on the side of a hill overlooking a delightful river scene. Good restaurant, nice bar, good pool and nice gardens. Not the most memorable hotel and a bit tired in places but the staff are excellent throughout the hotel. We had a room that opened on to a balcony and the gardens that was lovely. The room was a good walk from the amenities with lots of steps but hey, it is on a hill. The hotel is not in the middle of town but that is not a show stopper as the up side is the views and the peace and quiet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sweeping green hills, the longest river in the country, misty mornings and the fresh outdoors, are just a few things that naturally come together here to make the perfect holiday. Just 2 1/2 hours from the Sri Lanka's Capital City Colombo, Chaaya Citadel Kandy has reinvented itself taking into account the needs of holidaymakers around the world. Replete with a sense of history, serenity and majesty, the hotel offers guests the opportunity to experience the amazing Kandyan history, the culture and the arts that play a big role in the lives of the Sri Lankans. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Cinnamon Citadel Kandy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaaya Citadel Kandy Hotel Kandy
- Chaaya Citadel Hotel Kandy
- Kandy Chaaya Citadel Hotel