The hotel is a considerable distance out of the city but is most impressive with comfortable spacious rooms overlooking the river and/or large pool. The air conditioning was most efficient and the staff were friendly and helpful.
The dinners were excellent with a wide choice of dishes. Likewise there was an enormous choice at breakfast.
There are lots of stairs so people with mobility issues may need to think carefully before selecting this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sweeping green hills, the longest river in the country, misty mornings and the fresh outdoors, are just a few things that naturally come together here to make the perfect holiday. Just 2 1/2 hours from the Sri Lanka's Capital City Colombo, Chaaya Citadel Kandy has reinvented itself taking into account the needs of holidaymakers around the world. Replete with a sense of history, serenity and majesty, the hotel offers guests the opportunity to experience the amazing Kandyan history, the culture and the arts that play a big role in the lives of the Sri Lankans. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Cinnamon Citadel Kandy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaaya Citadel Kandy Hotel Kandy
- Chaaya Citadel Hotel Kandy
- Kandy Chaaya Citadel Hotel