A beautiful hotel by the river just outside Kandy. Spent four wonderful days there. Just like an earlier review, we found this to be an oasis of calm and luxury after touring the interesting, but busy city. The staff were great and couldn't do enough for us. The meals and service were first class. Took a boat trip up the river organised through the Nature Trails office in the hotel. Saw an amazing variety of bird life as well as monitor lizards. A most enjoyable couple of hours. Looking forward to going back next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sweeping green hills, the longest river in the country, misty mornings and the fresh outdoors, are just a few things that naturally come together here to make the perfect holiday. Just 2 1/2 hours from the Sri Lanka's Capital City Colombo, Chaaya Citadel Kandy has reinvented itself taking into account the needs of holidaymakers around the world. Replete with a sense of history, serenity and majesty, the hotel offers guests the opportunity to experience the amazing Kandyan history, the culture and the arts that play a big role in the lives of the Sri Lankans. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cinnamon Citadel Kandy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaaya Citadel Kandy Hotel Kandy
- Chaaya Citadel Hotel Kandy
- Kandy Chaaya Citadel Hotel