This is one place which is breathtakingly beautiful. Almost a picture. A pool which opens out to a bar where piano plays in the evening...Rooms that are tastefully done and very modern..a sit out in front of your room which opens out to the quiet river flowing by...nature at its best.
This is a great place if you just come here to relax quietly in the room and the great pool by the forest.
The trouble is service. They welcome you and request you to wait for the welcome drink which never comes. The barman never smiles..kind of strict ..which is strange as in Sri Lanka I find that people do smile a lot. The icing on the cake was however the almost comical behaviour of the captain in the dining hall. As soon as sat down to eat our dinner ( ours was a breakfast only package), he started hovering around us with a black folder. Twice I eyed him suspiciously and he moved away. By the time , I finished my soup, the fellow couldnt hold himself..and came to me and almost shoved that sinister folder below my nose to sign. And lo and behold it was the cheque. I was confused whether I should go beyond the soup or is it a signal that I should get up and go. But then the fellow has vanished. I just chuckled ( as i already had my beer and i was in one of my better moods) and signed the damned thing. While i was getting up , i noticed him handing over similar cheques to more surprised guests who were in the middle of their meals. Reminds me of Udupi resturants in India.
While checking out, people dont smile, they dont say bye..they are more keen to swipe.
Its a beautiful place without a soul. If you are in one of your foul moods, they will do everything to make it worse.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sweeping green hills, the longest river in the country, misty mornings and the fresh outdoors, are just a few things that naturally come together here to make the perfect holiday. Just 2 1/2 hours from the Sri Lanka's Capital City Colombo, Chaaya Citadel Kandy has reinvented itself taking into account the needs of holidaymakers around the world. Replete with a sense of history, serenity and majesty, the hotel offers guests the opportunity to experience the amazing Kandyan history, the culture and the arts that play a big role in the lives of the Sri Lankans. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cinnamon Citadel Kandy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaaya Citadel Kandy Hotel Kandy
- Chaaya Citadel Hotel Kandy
- Kandy Chaaya Citadel Hotel