The cinnamon Citadel has been a great experience in the middle of hill country. Its quiet location is well carved out amidst quaint private residences, paddy fields and the river. it sits harmoniously against this setting.
The rooms are great - everything you need, good reliable wifi, comfortable beds and nicely done up bathrooms.
Food was fantastic - the buffet really showed off the finest in Sri Lankan cuisine, and they do a mean asian repertoire as well.
Wished we stayed longer and would definitely come back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sweeping green hills, the longest river in the country, misty mornings and the fresh outdoors, are just a few things that naturally come together here to make the perfect holiday. Just 2 1/2 hours from the Sri Lanka's Capital City Colombo, Chaaya Citadel Kandy has reinvented itself taking into account the needs of holidaymakers around the world. Replete with a sense of history, serenity and majesty, the hotel offers guests the opportunity to experience the amazing Kandyan history, the culture and the arts that play a big role in the lives of the Sri Lankans. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cinnamon Citadel Kandy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaaya Citadel Kandy Hotel Kandy
- Chaaya Citadel Hotel Kandy
- Kandy Chaaya Citadel Hotel