The hotel has an expensive and stylish feel. We were given a room far below the reception level and were concerned, but it was spacious, with the back door opening onto a green garden, and the furniture had a faint and pleasant smelled of cinnamon - or did we imagine it? The buffet choice of food was one of the best we had ever seen anywhere, with all possible Sri Lankan meals and an open counter for Japanese food. The service was excellent, my son enjoyed free wi-fi in the room, and the river was shrouded in misty fog (when it does not rain in Sri Lanka it drizzles, we believe) adding to the hotel's grace.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sweeping green hills, the longest river in the country, misty mornings and the fresh outdoors, are just a few things that naturally come together here to make the perfect holiday. Just 2 1/2 hours from the Sri Lanka's Capital City Colombo, Chaaya Citadel Kandy has reinvented itself taking into account the needs of holidaymakers around the world. Replete with a sense of history, serenity and majesty, the hotel offers guests the opportunity to experience the amazing Kandyan history, the culture and the arts that play a big role in the lives of the Sri Lankans. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cinnamon Citadel Kandy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaaya Citadel Kandy Hotel Kandy
- Chaaya Citadel Hotel Kandy
- Kandy Chaaya Citadel Hotel