“BE CAREFULL NO HONEST OWNER!!”
Review of Kandy View Hotel

Kandy View Hotel
Ranked #33 of 57 Hotels in Kandy
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Book this hotel because had an sprain an I need some comfort cause couldn't walk.
My Deluxe room booking had: satellite TV,Wifi ,ac/warm mode( because night is cold) view , sofa, mini bar!
I get : small dirty room, tv whitout sky channels and have to wait 3 hs untill they bring it (owner said 30min) only 2 channels in English and 4 in singalist.
Ac only cold mode (nobody use it because Kandi is high and enought cold) so have to ask for blanket. NO Sofa , NO minibar NO VIEW like I have in the pictures if my printed booking.
He try to make me believe that this was a Deluxe room, untill he accepted that was a standard room. He game back 300rp an trick me whit the exchange because paid online in dollars , did not said anything because was already tired .

BREAKFAST : he will be around table by table offering tour EXPENSIVE trips when u just wake up and want to stay relax.
My room was next to reception and I saw and I hear people complaining 1 Russian couple spend 2,30hours because when they back from there daytrip driver wanted to charge much more than the 40 dol they agree before .

In this place if u expend money in excursion and if u have the luck than there is not and other juicy group of tourist coming after u , that maybe they give u excuse about bookings and cancellation and they ask u for live or chance rooms , I think u can have a good time because the employees are very nice people and the food very good !!!

1 more think if u come on weekends they play noise loud music no caring for guest , because they want to sale alcohol.( love party and drink but u don't go to kandy for that!!)
Everthing is about money there no any ethic for tourist!!!

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank Nicomicha

Reviewed December 21, 2012

We stayed there 2 nights in October 2012 and I highly recommed this place. Cheap, clean, nice breakfast, wifi (not working on iphone because of flash though). Really helpful owner, who speaks good English, can manage you trips, tuk tuk, airport pick up for reasonable price.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Kandy view hotel is a walking distance to the centre. Choose room 102!, spacious enough with a nice view on both sides. I liked the open air breakfast area with fresh vegetable displays, I used to just point out which one I want and the helpful morning chef cooks it for me. Kanchandana and his staffs helped me a lot in arranging my trips. Ravi is a good driver and knowledgeable enough to act as a guide. On my last day, he dropped me off from Kandy to Nuwara Eliya and let me to take beautiful shots along the way. He allowed to stop here and there to enjoy the sceneries.
Thanks every one and see you all mid next year!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We stayed at the Kandy View in October and were very impressed. The manager and staff are very friendly and helpful as well as speaking good English. Our room was light (unlike the other hotel rooms we stayed in in Sri Lanka) and spacious with great views. The dining room was delightful with its open air and views and the food was great. I loved the display of ingredients that would be in the curry for dinner and the chef cooking some dishes to order in front of you
Fabulous value for money - I thought they had made a mistake when we got the bill - and I have been recommending this place to everyone I meet since staying there. The view of the surrounding hills is lovely and, while you can't see it, the lake is a short walk away and all the sights of Kandy are accessible. The best place we stayed (apart from the few nights in resorts) without doubt.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I love this place. The staffs are very friendly and approachable.
Rooms are OK.. clean and spacious. Nice view esp from my room facing the jungle :)
Nice dining plce. Food is good.
SO i would highly recommand this hotel for your stay at Kandy.. Cheap and good :)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank praveena n
Reviewed December 2, 2012

the hotel is a hike up a steep street from the lake, but easily navigated. rooms are spacious, but the bathrooms could do with a makeover and some work to bring them up to the quality you would expect. No wifi access from the rooms.
food is good enough (there appears to be a lack of good restaurants in kandy!) and served in a lovely open air restaurant midway up the hotel with excellent views across the town.
small pool.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Upgraded to balcony room for few pounds more. Well worth it for floor to ceiling windows on 2 sides and great views. Really friendly staff, ok food although bit too westernised for our tastes. Fazeel is just best tuk tuk driver and guide and showed us all round Kandy and then amazingly took us all the way Kithugala very cheaply. Wifi bit intermittent but really enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Ask for one with balcony...they are higher up but have great views.