““ Charming and very comfortable””
Review of Kandy Cottage

Kandy Cottage
Ranked #8 of 462 Kandy B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Our family recently stayed in a Hotel for three nights in late june. The location is perfect. The staff was very helpful and responsive. The room was comfortable with two king sized beds,I would recommend the Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 6, 2012

This place really exceeded my expectations. From the time I booked Tobi went out of his way to accommodate my requests. He also met me off the train, which I didn't expect, and gave a mini guided tour of Kandy on the way to the cottage. The cottage is on a hillside just outside Kandy town, and is surrounded by forest. I stayed in the Creative Room, which is a lovely room. The chef cooked wonderful food, at very reasonable rates. The whole team there were so helpful, they really went out of their way to give us the best experience possible. I can't recommend this place highly enough.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank GinTraveller
Reviewed July 4, 2012

My husband, our 4 year old son and I stayed at Kandy Cottage back in March. We had the most amazing time, it really felt like we were staying in someone's home. Tobi and Andri were absolutely fantastic, helped us out and gave us a lot of information about the area and Sri Lanka. Location was lovely in the middle of the jungle. It was just the calm and peace we needed as a break from our hectic life in Dubai. I would definitely recommend Kandy Cottage. Tobi, Andri, so sorry for the ridiculously late review. We have not forgotten about you guys though :-)

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Tobi, the manager, went out of his way to make me and my friends comfortable and happy. The tour of the garden (where I ate right off of the trees), stories and tips, nice decorations, and amazing breakfast made this the highlight of my week in Sri Lanka. Great for families, couple, friends, and singles... Would go on and on but out of space. Thanks, Tobi!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Allison T
Reviewed May 28, 2012

The other glowing reviews are no accident, this is a great place to stay when visiting Kandy and the surrounding area.

The cottage itself is a short distance up the hill from Kandy (an easy walk down in the daytime and a short Tuk-Tuk ride back up) in a lovely setting in its own grounds. Accomodation is relatively basic but comfortable and cosy.

Other than the setting our stay was made in particular by Tobi, our host, who was enormously helpful and friendly and extremely knowledgable with regards to not only Kandy but Sri Lanka as a whole. It is well worth running any tour and travel plans past him or asking him for advice.

The food here was also excellent and very good value. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Sorry. This is a delayed review. I and my boyfriend stayed for 3 nights in March. We enjoyed the cozy room and everything around it. Tobi and Andrea were so nice helping arrange everything even for my trip going forwards to other places. The food were terrific and they really care how it's prepared for different guests and make them feel so much at home. It's a quite place and still close to Kandy town. We would definitely stay there for another time if we go.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Charming cottage, once you find it !!, and with great manager who really makes you feel at home. Could have spent 3 nights here !

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple