$137
$302
$85
$71
  • Pool
Sevana City Hotel(Kandy)(Great Value!)
$25
$97
$139
$41
1,531 results
All reviewskandy lakepool areasri lankagreat view over kandynew wingbalcony doornice poolbuilding workbuffet dinneroverlooking the lakelovely hotelrestaurant staffstayed here for nightsexcellent viewbuffet styletooth templetop floor
Reviewed December 20, 2010

Second hotel stay of our 12 days tour; hotel Thilanka is set on a hill with a stunning view over the city of Kandy and the lake. As usual we arrived late in the afternoon, under the usual shower.. but the view fro my room immediately made me feel better. The white enlightened Buddha on the hill in front of the hotel seemed to be looking at me.... the nice pool.. the spa (that I only had the time to visit)... and the hotel jewelry.... I did my first stones' shop there...
All in all the hotel setting, restaurant and room service where excellent; food at breakfast and dinner was good but nothing very amazing- bbq was excellent indeed.The rooms are very big and well furnished, but my room smelled of humidity, probably due to the heavy rains. This did not effected my stay at Thilanka, as I did not spend too much time inside, and infact I did not complained with the manager. I'm sure that, when all the monkeys will be gone away, seating on the terrace with that view will be a real unforgettable experience...

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 24, 2010

Hotel is in good location for sightseeing in Kandy. Rooms are nice. Watch for monkeys visiting in morning. Spa is tucked away offering massage services. Pool area is very nice.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed November 16, 2010

The best part about Hotel Thilanka is the location! The balconies face the beautiful lake in Kandy and is a good place to relax if you are not threatened by monkeys. It really feels like we are intruding in their area as they are plenty in number and keep visiting the balconies every now and then. It was something that actually was enjoyable for my little daughter as it kept her busy and entertained. The other good things in the room was the bathroom. Spacious and well maintained..the shower could have been better though. The room is very simple yet elegant. Some simple wooden furniture and stands fixed on the wall. The size of the rooms are also huge. I can vouch for this as my child enjoyed playing and she was satisfied with the space. This is something which we rarely get. I also managed to use the kettle for boiling water for my daughter for her food. The one thing that I disliked in the room is the mattress of the beds. It wasn’t very comfortable probably because they are too old. I think they could very well be changed. The AC in the room was also not in the best condition but we didn’t have any major issue. The food served at the hotel is of good quality and also gives a taste of the srilankan cuisine. We took the buffet for dinner which was quite an elaborate one with also some 4-5 items for the dessert. You also have live music from a band who comes to every table and tries to play a number of their choice. We could not have the luxury of hearing out our fav because my little daughter got cranky midway and we had to pack up early and go to the room! The breakfast menu was also good. There is a big spread from continental to Srilankan cuisine. You definitely have a good choice. The staff is very cheerful and helpful. Good room service as there are many ppl who are all over the place to help you. The hotel is very ideally located as it is walking distance from both the temple of tooth and the art and culture centre. You should visit the dance show which happens at the Kandyan art and culture centre every evening at 5.30 pm. Always book the hotel through your travel agent who can pass on a good discount that they get onto you. Our tour guide (www.srilankanaturetravels.com) was very good to pass on all the discount to us. All in all it was a fairly good experience and I wouldn’t mind back for a longer stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 11, 2010

The hotel is good location in heart of city facing the lake.i dint like the Room though it is really big enough..there was water leak patches on the walls which shld ve been rectified long back....bathrooms are good n neat..Our AC cldnt be adjusted below 25C ...and its gets switched off aftr every 1 hr..some prob with thermostat..nobody came to fix it evn aftr complaning...Another thing i would like to add /..THE POOL IS DEEP AND IT DOESNT HAVE A BABY OR AMATUER POOL adjacent big pool which is 6ft...so our wives and kids who definitely love the pool had to ONLOOK others swimming...WE WERE ALL DEPRESSED..so People who wan get into POOL and Wans Neat Rooms plz Quit the Idea of KANDY THILANKA...

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 20, 2010

Thilanka hotel would be a good option for budget-conscious visitors. Its location is good as it is only a mere 15 minutes walk to the lake and 20 minutes walk away from temple of Tooth Relic. Nevertheless the hotel needs refurbishment to bring its quality up as parts of the building revealed signs of aging especially the lift which might be dated back to the 80s.

What I like about :
1) Proximity location to the lake, Temple of Tooth Relic and Art Association Hall (venue for Kandyan cultural dance) and town centre - walking distance of 20 minutes
2) Courteous and helpful staff (including the back-office manager)
3) Availability of in-house Ayurvedic massages with on site Treatment Adviser who could give customize and personalize advise on various treatment.
4) Spacious room with nice balcony overlooking the Kandy Lake

What I disappointed about :
1) Lack of english-medium TV channel. All TV channels available are in local Sri Lankan language; none that I could comprehend.
2) Part of building that is aging - lift, bathroom,
3) Limited assortment on breakfast
4) A nice balcony which was adviced to be closed in fear of monkey intrusion
5) Bedsheet which I suspected not changed for every new guest

In summary, I would recommend Thilanka for budget-consious visitors who would like to walk around the lake and the city. Visitors who have a little more to spend and seek higher level of comfortness and plush might wish to look for alternative.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple