$70
$51
$40
  • Pool
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of $62/night.

$74
Sevana City Hotel(Kandy)(Great Value!)
$32
$35
$28
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $33/night.

All reviewsswimming poolset menurestaurant staffold colonial stylethird floora lot of noiserooms are spaciousnice poolstunning viewshot waterhillvalleysri
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Happen to go to swiss residence for dinner since we had friends staying there. We ordered a la carte from the 2nd floor bar. Took the waiter quite sometime to find the menu and he kept outsourcing it to another person to find the menu. Once we got the menu card and placed the order we were waiting for the food for quite sometime even then they brought only one and forgot the rest we had to attract a waiter again to find the rest. Also the one and only elevator was out of order and the guests need to use the stairway on the date we visited this hotel.
I find the service to be very poor and staff is untrained. If that was the service I can't even imagine the service you get if you stay at this pace. This hotel had much better service few years back sadly it's not the case now.

Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We were there for a wedding ceremony which was held on 07.03.2013. On the previous night I went with my wife to kandy not knowing that all the hotels in Kandy was full. When I called Swiss Residence they had employed good reception team as they were full on this night but they went out of their way to help us to find accommodation to stay overnight as they were also full on this night.
Next day we came to Swiss Residence for the function and this was situated on a top of a hill & it is a 5 story building situated in a beautiful surrounding. The hotel is a beautifully constructed comfortable classy hotel. Clean swimming pool, large reception with a very friendly staff. The food was very testy. The Food & Beverage staff is very polite & very friendly service personal.
If you are planning to visit Kandy, don’t miss to visit Swiss Residence at least for a meal.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Manoj A
Reviewed February 27, 2013

A great looking hotel no doubt.Rooms were ok.But what was a let down was the food & service.They served us soft drinks along with the food which was included in our package but later asked us to pay. This was the mistake of the waiter for not informing but they were very adamant in demanding he payment.So check with them if its included in the package.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DRPChennai
Reviewed February 8, 2013

The only thing that this Hotel hs going for it is the View, the room we had was poor, the restaurant was awful, the bar seedy - our experience was somewhat soured by the fact that the air conditioning wasn't working when we returned to our room after an evening out, I was told that there weren't any other rooms available so they had to fix it - four different handy men later and it was fixed but dripping! I demanded that they would not leave us with a towel on the floor but complete the repair - eventually they did! The room was shabby, the bathroom ancient and without a mosquito net over the window. Our evening meal was poor with hardly any choice and when I bottle of warm white wine appeared I sent it back. If you arrange a trip to Kandy - arrange the hotel yourself!

Room Tip: Go to another Hotel!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ralph P
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I felt like I was taken back in time when I entered the hotel, which I did not mind. The hotel was evidently very old, but would have been a good one had it been properly maintained. The staff were all very friendly, but below are the unconstructive "concerns" of the hotel:

---room was very dusty, an anti-histamine would be handy
---you have to pay a certain amount for 30-minute-wifi-connection, which must not be availed if not urgent since the connection was very very poor

We have requested to be transferred to another room as I have started to sneeze immediately after entering the room. The staff were very pleasant and immediately moved us to a deluxe room which was much better.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends