Hotel Hilltop
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
All reviewsswimming poolhill toptable tennisnice hotelnice poola la carte menupublic areastuk tuksri lankan cuisinekandy citynice viewpleasant staybreakfast and dinnerlarge roomstayed two nightsprayercooperative
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 13, 2012

the location is nice and very convinient (bus station just a couple of meters away)
rooms very a bit small, but clean (rooms could do with a renovation!!)
food was ok, but we had better buffets on our trip.
this hotel is obviously a wedding location (we had 2 weddings in 2 nights) - it's just during daytime but you can't really use the nice (but small) pool because people starring at you (which I don't like). No free Wifi which is a bit of a dissappointment.
Wanted to go for a massage but the Spa was never occuppied with staff.

Room Tip: top floor - better views
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Isabel S
Reviewed June 8, 2012

For a solo traveller, this is a wrong place. It has everything for a family - location, comfort, huge dining area, swimming pool et al but expensive and no privacy. It is not a three star hotel as claimed. Tucked away on top of a small hill, the approach is steep, but worth it. Hotel patronage is predominantly from South Asian countries. The swimming pool is an eyesore. Every time I had to reach my room or restaurant, I had to go through noisy families splashing water in the pool. Staff is polite. The restaurant was big compared to rooms available with them. Breakfast spread was quite large with a nice assortment of Sri Lankan and continental food and lot of accompaniments. View from room was of Kandy city overlooking some buildings in the front - nothing much to boast about. Overall an uneventful stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Selarka
Reviewed May 31, 2012

nice location and quiet. food is ok, but we had better buffets on this trip.
no free wifi!!!!! and we had 2 weddings going on as well which means you can't use the poolarea unless you like staring people around you.

Room Tip: top floor - better views
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I was there with my wife two weeks ago. we spent one night on halfboard basis. They provided good dinner and BF. We went Kandy to wership "Dalada Palace" so we could do it better way. We came back with good and sweet memories.

Room Tip: All rooms face to town.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Merwin590806
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Complete let down, staff was unprofessional and had no clue! Lack of parking space and should only be given one star. It says managed by Aitken Spence and they should exit if they can’t even provide a average service. Second night was booked through agoda on a disc rate and upon my check out receptionist asked me how I booked it and asked me to pay the diff saying that they don’t have the booked rate. I was asked to wait nearly 15min and once they got hold of Aitken spence reservation I was allowed to leave. Receptionist seemed my father’s age and GM had to be called in to resolve the issue, what a pathetic service.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple