“Relaxing massage”

Wedamedura Ayurveda
Ranked #2 of 7 Spas & Wellness in Kandy
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the Oldest Ayurveda Center running by a qualified Ayurveda Doctor who is in the State Service.Last 11 years we were in Kandy City and now we have moved out of the City with free transport for guests.We are recommended by Lonely Planet,Rough Guide,Stephan Loos.
Brighton, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Relaxing massage”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We went there today for the 2.5 hour treatment. It was very relaxing and professionally run. This was my first Ayurveda treatment so I wasn't sure what to expect but the whole experience was very enjoyable. They are out of town now so picked us up and brought us back into Kandy as part of the package price.

Visited October 2013
10 Thank PaddyWacks

Kandy, Sri Lanka
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Relax and regain your health in caring hands and peaceful surroundings!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Having enjoyed excellent, regular massages and general health care
at Wedmedura for the last 7 years, I can thoroughly recommend their
professional (Ayurvedic doctors in attendance) and reasonably priced
service.
Their former rented premises near the lake in Kandy town was
an unmodernized facility, but treatment was generally of a high
standard. Since late 2012, they have moved some 30 mins drive out of
town to their home and Retreat Centre, where full residential
Panchakarma wellness packages are offered to suit individual
requirements and time available - as well as massage & treatments for
day visitors (see the website for full details).
They have helped me cure angina naturally and I have often recommended them to those
visiting Kandy on holiday - and all have been happy with the results!
They also specialize in making their own successful cholesterol and
diabetic cure herbal treatments from ancient Buddhist formulas.

Relax and regain your health in caring hands and peaceful
surroundings! "

93 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Well worth a visit  ”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I was here for nearly weeks, doing a panchakarma.
Mediation, relaxation and a natural environment are an important part of the healing process, giving this, it was the right place for me.
That was heaven on earth:
-  it is away from the busy and noisy kandy city, located in a calm and natural environment.
- the food was fresh, homemade and tasty, the best vegetarian food I had in years.
- the massages: relaxing and the reflexology strong, like it should be for me.
- the treatments chosen according to the Doctor's daily observations.
- the room was lovely, clean and bright.The hot shower wonderful.
- I  got my clothes washed.
- the price is fair.
The Staff was very kind with obvious good training. So caring and professional and speak quite good English.
Sriyani came for treatments too.
As I got sick, Doctor Renuka and her team,  did everything to help me, thank you again.
A big thank you to Salinda (the manager- Renukas husband), whenever there was a problem  he fixed it immediately and always with a smile. He was helpful with every question I had.
To the wonderful treatment-ladies,  Nanda (I used to call her magic- Nanda because of the instant relief after her treatments) and Siriani, thank you.
Mr Summer thank you for the yoga and meditation you taught me.

Thank you all for allowing me to share in your dream - it is a true detox program, I feel wonderful

Visited July 2013
3 Thank YvonneAndreas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Worst massage ever!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

When we asked the tuk tuk driver to take us to a Spa resort, he laughed and asked us why pay so much? He knew a better one and cheaper too. We decided to try this one.
The question why pay so much for a spa, quickly answered itsself.
We got a treatment with a head massage, neck massage, bodymassage and steambath.
The massages can only be described as really hard and painfull rubs. No technique at all. My gf and I both got completely different massages, with the hard rubbing as common factor. There was no oil used, but something that looked and smelled like peanutbutter. Not the smooth one, but the one with bits of peanut!
The steambath was ok and relaxing.
The showers were dirty and old. The towels were worn out.
My advise; go to another facility!

Visited July 2012