Elephant Stables
  • Pool
The Secret Kandy(Kandy)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsboutique hotelcottage suitevintage carslemongrass roomsri lankacurryegg hoppersinfinity poolposter bedlovely poolsmall hotelthe main hoteloverlooking kandyset menuour honeymoonthe hustle and bustlefabulous views
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I have been all over the world, but I've never had a more peaceful sanctuary awaiting me than Elephant Stables. Every single detail has been thought through. The design is a beautiful mix of modern and authentic.

The room is gorgeous (I stayed in the Lemongrass) with an amazing view. The rain shower was beyond with teak wood slats as its flooring. The bed, one of the most comfortable I've slept in, had mosquito netting surrounding it.

The food was impeccable and they custom fit into my peculiar diet needs.

But it as the staff that made everything just perfect. The resident manager, Nalaka, was incredibly accommodating and friendly. Nihal, the best bar man in Kandy, had great humor and couldn't have gone more out of his way to please. They have a (very affordable) shuttle service back and forth to Kandy center and the driver is super great.

I loved every moment of being there. You will, too.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Terry D
Reviewed June 18, 2014

From the moment we walked in to the hotel to the time we left there wasn't a single dull moment. It is located in an area surrounded by beautiful scenery. Perfect for a couple who wants to have a quiet time. We loved the local dishes on the dinner menu. All the staff were wonderful, and they are all very helpful. We will look for this hotel when we visit Kandy again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We found a gem of a hotel just outside of Kandy.

The Elephant Stables is excellent with a reading room with views to die for and a beautiful refreshing pool. The staff were extremely helpful and breakfasts were wonderful. My husband couldn't get enough of the hoppers! The location was perfect for sightseeing and the excursions tailored to your needs. It is a fabulous place to stay. Hoping we will be back one day soon!

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gillian f
Reviewed June 5, 2014

This property is beautiful, in a great location and reasonably priced. Overlooking the knuckles ranges it is scenic and peaceful. The rooms are lovely as are the gardens and the pool. The food, choice of Sri Lankan or Western, was just amazing and great value. Best of all was the staff, nothing was to much trouble. They were thoroughly accommodating.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite for extra space.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Suzanne214
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Superlative. There's nothing I'd change about the place. The staff is amazingly friendly, helping to accomodate both my needs at the hotel itself as well as my tours around the region. The decoration both in the room and the common areas are refined, full of references to the country's diverse heritage. The food was also wonderful. Wish only that I had more time to spend there!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo