“Very good”

Honeypot Restaurant & Guest House
Ranked #49 of 153 Restaurants in Kandy
Cuisines: European, Chinese, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Honeypot Restaurant & Guest House is an Eighty seater family Restaurant located 1.5Km from the Kandy town centre.(About 5-8 minutes from the central Town Clock Tower by TukTuk). It is a great place to enjoy a meal overlooking the river and mountain range and indeed away from the pollution and noise of the town centre, yet not far from all the sight seeing places and attractions of the historical City. We offer a child and family friendly atmosphere. We serve hot and cold food from authentic Srilankan curries to fish&chips,Seafood dishes,fried rice, noodles, snacks, sandwiches, Halal dishes and many more. We also serve a selection of fresh tropical fruit juices along with hot drinks too. All our dishes are prepared to a very high standard. Our Prices are very low, whilst the service we offer is like no other. We also provide a free WiFi service to all our guests. The Honeypot also has four Guest Rooms which are clean, simple and competitively priced. All rooms are en-suite with a/c and fans. All rooms have a private balcony overlooking the river. The Honeypot prides itself for its simple original building design & deco, constructed utilising local material.
Reviewed July 15, 2014

It was wonderful place to have a delicious food in a fantastic atmosphere. Chicken biryani and lentil soup was excellent. Price is very reasonable. Staffs were very friendly. After long journey from Colombo It was really very comfortable break. I wish to visit again and will strongly recommend my friend and family to visit Honeypot if there is any opportunity arose.

1  Thank shyamali h
33honeypotbear, Manager at Honeypot Restaurant & Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience.

There are newer reviews for Honeypot Restaurant & Guest House

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

I was in kandy for a holiday last month and found this place while I visited the famous war cemetery. I was greated with a warm welcome by the staff who gave me and my family a lovely river view table. The Chineese food I ordered was Excellent. Very colour full and seasoned perfectly. We enjoyed it while I watched the others who was also in for lunch stare at our food impatiently.

1  Thank Geoffrey A

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

When I saw the amazing reviews on trip advisor I thought it was going to be something special. I was wrong. The view was nice and the service was fine. But after travelling quite far out of out way to get here we were not impressed. This by far the most expensive meal we had in Sri Lanka and the food was below average.
The reviews keep saying that all these local people come here .... I am very sceptical of that.

3  Thank Sylvia109

Thank you very much for your review. If you can specify what you had at Honeypot and when you arrived, it would be helpful to address your review in more detail. Indeed we take customer feedback very seriously and try to address them especially if they are negative as we are always trying to improve our service. Sadly with this review we are unable to do anything. Furthermore, I also find it wired that you seem to have made only two reviews during your whole stay in our country and co incidently reviewed another restaurant in kandy positively. Since you have indicated about price and not stated what you had we have had to check this for ourselves. from our findings I can confirm that our food is much more competitively priced than the place you have indicated. Hence, we must admit that we are also sceptical about this review. I do not understand the real reson behind you rating us so lowely. We are very dissapointed because our staff work very hard and make every effort to please our guests and not necessarily for our rating. we sincerely hope that fellow readers will understand by visitng us. There are many good places to enjoy a meal in kandy town and its vicinity. We do not and will not consider any place negatively. we are merely trying to improve our standards and provide the best for our customres.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Lovely location with river sight never forget in my life. The staff is very friendlly and provide very good service.Acctually their "Fried Rice with Devel Chicken Its realy SUPER !!!!!!!!
I love it.Visit one day you will never forget.

1  Thank Madusha B
33honeypotbear, Manager at Honeypot Restaurant & Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Thank you for your review. Great choice and you will be pleased to know that the fried rice and chicken devil dish is a favorite among many locals visiting us. Thank you once again for sharing your views.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

I'm working in Kandy. Me & my friends visited to Honeypot due to my friends recommendation wow it's a wonderful place. very nice view, nice friendly staff quick service and specially the food no words to say very delicious & my favorite is chicken set menu & now our staff daily ordering lunch from Honey Pot. Hope to visit again and again.

1  Thank Taniya R

Thank you for your recent review. It is wonderful to hear from a repaet customer. We would like to thank you for visiting us and for your repaet takeaways on a daily basis from us. We feel proud as well as an honour to continously serve you and your coleagues. We are particularly encouraged that our local Kandy folk have a taken a taste to our food and have shared their experience of Honeypot here.