Clove Villa
View 360(Kandy)
  • Pool
The Secret Kandy(Kandy)
View Hotel
All reviewssmall hotelboutique hotelsmall pooltuk tuksri lankastar servicetwo night staylovely poolno alcoholfour poster bedother gueststhe hustle and bustleour honeymoonquiet locationbusy citycentral kandythe ground floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed there for a night in Kandy and we had three bedroom suites for ourselves. I believe there are alltogether 6-7 rooms. Staff is extremely great and especially Charlie ...he is a sweetheart..My 3 year old was not keeping well and I was allowed to use there kitchen to make some porridge. The swimming pool is nice and clean although don't expect to do lengths there..The rooms were super clean and very nice interiors which i would say is comparable to a 5 Star hotel. Had a good night sleep after a very tiring day. This place is not very close to the city and that's the only cons I can think of. I would recommend this for folks traveling in a group as you get the feeling of staying in your own house...a home away from home!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Praful R
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed only one night there. Clove villa is a brand new hotel - actually a villa that has been turned into a hotel. The villa itself is gorgeous, and the rooms are very modern and comfy. Bathroom is perfect, and the pool area is very pretty (although more than 2 loungers would be welcome) The whole property has been decorated in a simple but very good taste.
Food was very good (we did get the impression that the chef executed the asian dishes better than the western ones though)
Service was excellent

Highly recommended!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Stayed at clove villa for 2 days on 24-25/12/12. Initially I did not know what to expect, but was pleasantly surprised with the decor of the hotel And the thoughtful amenities.The hotel has only 7 rooms and the atmosphere is very homely. The English breakfast was excellent and the Christmas dinner was the icing on the cake.

I would like to a make a special mention about Carlie and the rest of the staff, who were always available with a smile to make our stay comfortable. When i checked out, i felt that C Love Villa would be a more appropriate name for this villa.

Sunil A

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Alvaressunil
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I have to say on arrival I was disappointed as this facility was not what I expected. It is a mid-range hotel that is a converted villa. For me it is too basic The room we were given was directly off the reception area and so noisy but thanks to Charlie he moved us. Unfortunately the whole building carries the sound that anyone makes so you hear everything! I am a light sleeper so this together with the train which went past at 05.30am with horn aloud means I will not return. Charlie was just great and went out of his way to make our stay nice - thank you!

Room Tip: Book the deluxe room away from reception,
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank XKR100
Reviewed December 5, 2012

we stayed two nights at clove villa on our trip to srilanka .The two night stay was our best in srilanka which v enjoyed a lot .IF ur home sick u can stay here a evrbody from the owner to the room boy everybody has a smile always and they make all possible efforts to make us happy . Speacial thanks to johny who helped to have a good indian breakfast out of colombo would everybody to stay there

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family