“Very Interesting spice garden”

New Ranweli Spice Garden
Private Kandy Tour
Ranked #24 of 78 things to do in Kandy
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: New Ranweli Spice Garden is located in close proximity to Peradeniya Royal Botanical Garden ( Walking distance from the suspension bridge of peradeniya botanical garden)
Cape Town
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Very Interesting spice garden”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

We were met by a guide at the entrance of the Spice Garden. He showed us the many species of differnt plants, vanilla, Jasmine, Aloe, Tumerick, Cardomon, Cloves, peppercorn and so many many more. A truly must go place..Lots to learn and see.

Visited December 2013

49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 312 helpful votes
“Interesting, however?”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Yes, it is very interesting and educational to see herbs, spices and other examples of plants, trees etc. Also interesting and educational to see and learn what they produce and their culinary and/or medicinal uses.

However as other people have so rightly pointed out the idea is to sell you product at what appear to be vastly inflated prices, when compared to what seems to the same product in the market in the city. For example Palm Oil and "Red Oil".

So may I suggest you make all the required notes on the benefits of whatever shrub or tree and seek it out later, could save quite a bit of cash.

Visited November 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Very interesting and helpful”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

My local tour guide, Hemantha, brought me to the Ranwell Spice Garden. I hadn't heard of it and I wouldn't have gone myself - I was even a little dubious when I got there. However, I was very pleasantly surprised. I got a great tour by a young gentleman - really informative and quite fun. I kept guessing the spices wrong but he was really nice and pointed out many more uses for each item than I knew (Tumeric is good as a cleaning product? Sandalwood whitens the skin etc). I was really interested in all the products that they offered at the end and I do think the actual spices were good value given that they are pure and produced onsite but the oils etc were quite expensive. In the end I bought two spices (spent approx LKR1000 which isn't much in the scheme of things). I would definitely recommend this place, particularly if you are interested in plants or cooking.

Visited November 2013
Centurion, South Africa
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“just a tourist stop”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I would have wanted to see more of the plants etc. We skipped lots of boards and when you ask they just quickely say the name and that is it. Then you get the workshop... And they say several rimes the massage is free. but who will walk without tipping, so yes, you pay. I was with locals, and thay say that for the locals behind the tourists back they give it for halfprice, but the tourist board has fixed the prices. I couldnt afford anything. I just bought curry powder.

Visited October 2013
Kent
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Aromatic time to be had by all who visit”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Had a wonderful couple of hours learning all about the alternative uses of herbs and spices in well being. Had a fab facial massage

Visited October 2013